Tired of it

Thread: Tired of it

Unregistered

Tired of it

Is it just me? Or our department has turned more political than the local SO. Here in Troop-F, it seems that the upper management just comes with things out of their head just to excuse their jobs. Every day there is a deadline for an inventory that we just did, or a deadline for some sort of inspection. There are also numerous rosters that need to be completed, cause if it's not in a roster it never happened. Electronic signatures are no longer allowed so the troopers have to drive around 5 counties just so their sergeant can get a signature on a roster. I used to like this job, maybe I'm just getting older and the fun part of traffic enforcement has been overrun by politics. Our major demands all these details and enforcement seu but he is no where to be found. He actually took off until January. There is no lead by example in this place anymore. Everything is a hostility and a threat if things don't happen right away. I hate it.

I have friends in other Troops, they don't seem to be going thru this. I wanted to promote and make a difference in this place, but I guess I can't be part of this non sense. I think I would be miserable. I know, is time to reconsider my career choice or transfer out of Troop F like everyone else has. Stay safe brothers

Unregistered
    I am now retired, but when I joined the Patrol the trooper who recruited me advised one of the benefits was the ability to transfer to a new location if the situation became untenable. I know moving is not easy, but it is an option.

also, remember the major has a boss as do all of the rest of those in the chain of command. Why not ask about the rosters, etc and see what the explanation is and offer an alternative.

Unregistered
    It was the same way when Major Baumann was in Troop K. If you really like FHP, you should consider transferring. Perhaps you should talk to some of your classmates or other troopers in other parts of the state to make a well informed decision.

Unregistered
    Big hint or clue!! Stay away from Troop K, Orlando. Captain is a Giant Nut Job.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Big hint or clue!! Stay away from Troop K, Orlando. Captain is a Giant Nut Job.
    Not after yesterday's Troop meeting in Troop K. It appears that things wil be getting better. New Major is trusting.

Unregistered
    Rosters are for documentation that you were told something and understood. There is no trust with Baumann, even though we are suppose to be in a sensitive position of public trust. It was the same thing when he was in K, the rosters were gone when he left. Childish games

Unregistered
    Shame about Troop F being in the shit that it is.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Is it just me? Or our department has turned more political than the local SO. Here in Troop-F, it seems that the upper management just comes with things out of their head just to excuse their jobs. Every day there is a deadline for an inventory that we just did, or a deadline for some sort of inspection. There are also numerous rosters that need to be completed, cause if it's not in a roster it never happened. Electronic signatures are no longer allowed so the troopers have to drive around 5 counties just so their sergeant can get a signature on a roster. I used to like this job, maybe I'm just getting older and the fun part of traffic enforcement has been overrun by politics. Our major demands all these details and enforcement seu but he is no where to be found. He actually took off until January. There is no lead by example in this place anymore. Everything is a hostility and a threat if things don't happen right away. I hate it.

I have friends in other Troops, they don't seem to be going thru this. I wanted to promote and make a difference in this place, but I guess I can't be part of this non sense. I think I would be miserable. I know, is time to reconsider my career choice or transfer out of Troop F like everyone else has. Stay safe brothers
    Why transfer, just quit like many others, go elsewhere and make some real money, how am I suppose to live on $33 K a year with a wife and 2 little kids, screw this place, I think some of you are delusional ???

Unregistered

Check this out ref MBPD salary

Check this out, WOW !!! Talk about great pay !!!!
    http://miamibeachexposed.com/miami-b...ver-100k-club/