Hiring 2015 - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hiring 2015

Unregistered
    It means these polygraph tests are crap and they will not be able to say whether you will be a good cop or not. It boils down to the guy giving the interview could not say whether he saw deception or not. So it isn't a fail or pass, you were just unresponsive to the questions. which is easy to do.

Unregistered
    Its a good way to weed you out if they don't like you as an applicant

Unregistered
    Can someone tell me once you turn in your background packet in Phase 2 how long does it usually take to hear back for further testing? if you do hear back, is it the oral board or psych eval they test you first on?

Thank you for your time

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Can someone tell me once you turn in your background packet in Phase 2 how long does it usually take to hear back for further testing? if you do hear back, is it the oral board or psych eval they test you first on?

Thank you for your time
    I'm in the process right now. They do a preliminary background check (that's computerized) schedule you for your PAT, then your polygraph if you pass. The prelim background check only takes a day or two: I received a phone call about scheduling the PAT within two days of turning in the part II packet.

Good luck!

Unregistered
    I'm in the process right now. They do a preliminary background check (that's computerized) schedule you for your PAT, then your polygraph if you pass. The prelim background check only takes a day or two: I received a phone call about scheduling the PAT within two days of turning in the part II packet.

Good luck!
    I'm outta county so I turned in that computerized one. Then received a call and was sent main background packet. I sent that in and now am just waiting now so I assume I'm in backgrounds portion of it. Does the BI call you and informs you he is starting it and then schedules you for a PAT

Unregistered
    I'm outta county so I turned in that computerized one. Then received a call and was sent main background packet. I sent that in and now am just waiting now so I assume I'm in backgrounds portion of it. Does the BI call you and informs you he is starting it and then schedules you for a PAT
    I think you're scheduled for the PAT before they do the full BI. At least, that's where I am right now. My PAT is already scheduled and the HR lady told me that the full BI isn't until later.

What do you mean by main background packet? Is that different from the phase II application?

Unregistered
    I think you're scheduled for the PAT before they do the full BI. At least, that's where I am right now. My PAT is already scheduled and the HR lady told me that the full BI isn't until later.

What do you mean by main background packet? Is that different from the phase II application?
    Well I passed Pre-screen app, then a Bi called and said he is sending main packet. The 30 page main packet. I turned that in and from what I read it seems like if your out of town you start the BI then they will call and schedule everything for you. Im wondering if they started backgrounds or just waiting for them to call.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345