New Police Recruits beware.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit

New Police Recruits beware.

Hollywood Police Department Recruits/Officers are resigning on the spot!
    The City Of Hollywood City Manager and its Citizens should beware of the blunders that Hollywood PD has with its new hire Cadets and post academy graduates and the unprofessional treatment of these new officer's.
    The PD spends hundreds of man hours and money recruiting top candidates that any other Police Departments would pick up in a heartbeat, Backgrounds, physicals,psychological testing and many more tests and at the end are resigning.
    With veteran officers retiring the Department has rookies with two or even three years on (FTO) teaching academy graduates.
    Chief your Departments’ culture has to change this is why law Enforcement Nationwide are having so many problems when young officers are facing split second decisions that they can’t handle and are getting jammed up. The Police Chief is not aware of its Police Department training and Hiring .......

/r

PLP
    Last edited by PLP; 11-30-2015 at 02:19 PM.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by PLP View Post
    Hollywood Police Department Recruits/Officers are resigning on the spot!
    The City Of Hollywood City Manager and its Citizens should beware of the blunders that Hollywood PD has with its new hire Cadets and post academy graduates and the unprofessional treatment of these new officer's.
    The PD spends hundreds of man hours and money recruiting top candidates that any other Police Departments would pick up in a heartbeat, Backgrounds, physicals,psychological testing and many more tests and at the end are resigning.
    With veteran officers retiring the Department has rookies with two or even three years on (FTO) teaching academy graduates.
    Chief your Departments’ culture has to change this is why law Enforcement Nationwide are having so many problems when young officers are facing split second decisions that they can’t handle and are getting jammed up. The Police Chief is not aware of its Police Department training and Hiring .......

/r

PLP
    The resignation and significant loss of certified officers started under the reign of the incompetent and egotistical Frank Fernandez and is still happening with some regularity today. Fernandez left a mess that Sanchez better do something about quick if he is bright enough, which I don't think he is.

HPD BLUE

Manfrey or how ever its spelled

MANFREY we all know this is you posting please don't try to blame anyone else besides yourself for you resigning. You where a waste of a uniform and don't deserve to be a police officer in hollywood or any where else. You cried and whined because someone yelled at you and oh my used a curse word at you welcome to the real world do you think criminals will just be nice when you try to arrest them and say ok take me to jail. Thank God your gone there are more that frank let slide through that shouldn't have but we have to deal with those glad we don't have to deal with you anymore cry baby good riddance. And just to be clear if i didn't spell your name right its because you where not here long enough for anyone including my self to learn it or care to learn it.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit
    HPD BLUE whom ever reads your response to this thread must be saying to himself this guy is a complete idiot, how you handed yourself up so easy. Dude stop drinking the Koolaid ! Please do not back any officer up on a call where we may have to use force to control the situation and you show up, I could just see it now you in IA talking your heart away, and you are still hung up with Frank how funny. You are so lost in transition you have no clue. No rookie here I guarantee you that. Wake Up ……………………….
    Last edited by PLP; 12-03-2015 at 07:43 PM.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by PLP View Post
    HPD BLUE whom ever reads your response to this thread must be saying to himself this guy is a complete idiot, how you handed yourself up so easy. Dude stop drinking the Koolaid ! Please do not back any officer up on a call where we may have to use force to control the situation and you show up, I could just see it now you in IA talking your heart away, and you are still hung up with Frank how funny. You are so lost in transition you have no clue. No rookie here I guarantee you that. Wake Up ……………………….
    Frank Fernandez was a butwhipe, arrogant as hell too, but that's besides the point.

Unregistered
    Going to Hollywood as a rookie is like destroying your own professional career. Do yourself a favor and stay away. The ftos are a bunch of ****ing assholes. They can't teach for shit and blame the recruites for not being able to learn. There's a reason why they've been hiring for so long. Check out the academy classes there's like 10-20 recruites each Academy but they can't fill those vacant slots

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Going to Hollywood as a rookie is like destroying your own professional career. Do yourself a favor and stay away. The ftos are a bunch of ****ing assholes. They can't teach for shit and blame the recruites for not being able to learn. There's a reason why they've been hiring for so long. Check out the academy classes there's like 10-20 recruites each Academy but they can't fill those vacant slots
    Spot on. I'm glad I left years ago and work for an agency that doesn't treat its new guys like complete crap. Not all the FTO's were douche bags though, some of them were professional and legitimately enjoyed teaching. Others.. Not so much. Beating you into the ground during PT sessions doesn't teach anything. These guys think they are god's gift to police work but can't teach worth a shit and rather punish the recruit than help them.

Like you said, it's no surprise they can't retain people. It starts at FTO and usually ends there. Having a sense of pride in having a "tough program" is one thing, but borderline hazing and disrespect is another.

Unregistered
    Some will read this and think to themselves it can't be that bad. Ask yourself why can't they retain officer with the amount they're paying officers. That place is not an opportunity it's a stoppage of dreams.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Some will read this and think to themselves it can't be that bad. Ask yourself why can't they retain officer with the amount they're paying officers. That place is not an opportunity it's a stoppage of dreams.
    This sort of crap started under Fernandez and has continued under Sanchez. Sanchez doesn't have a clue what's going on, he is too obsessed with how his nose looks.

Unregistered
    Now I can honestly say I am thankful I was not hired by Hollywood P.D.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast