NC Troopers Going to Food Stamps for Pay - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Unregistered
    I thought it was for vehicles above a certain weight. I have a 2500 series registered in my name and not that of a company and it expires on December 31st.

Unregistered
    I'm LEO and my truck expires Dec 31st (not my birthday). It goes by weight.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Your truck must not be registered to a person.Vehicles registered to a non-human entity (business, non-profit, etc) expire on December 31st or June 30th. But if the vehicle is registered to a person, then yes it expires on the owner's birgtday. In any case, the registration certificate is marked with "EXPIRES MIDNIGHT (DATE)"
    It is registered to a person but the weight plays a factor, not birthdate in those cases so Mr. Know it all really doesn't!

Unregistered
    Check chapter 324, as far as the crime analyst not knowing the tag expired on her birthday, she better start analyzing the expiration or go back to Massachusetts. Florida always expired on the owners birthday. Mass Hole!
    You are the guy who should know the law and apparently you don't so why rack on someone else?

Unregistered
    It is registered to a person but the weight plays a factor, not birthdate in those cases so Mr. Know it all really doesn't!
    Half-year registrations are available for trucks over 15,000 pounds. But even the state's tax collectors state that privately owned vehicles expire at midnight on the registrant's birthday.

From the Palm Beach County Tax Collector's site:

Registrations of privately owned vehicles and long-term leased vehicles are valid until midnight on the registrant's birthday.
    A delinquent fee is charged if the registration is not renewed by the 10th day of the following month.

https://www.pbctax.com/motor-vehicles

Unregistered
    Half-year registrations are available for trucks over 15,000 pounds. But even the state's tax collectors state that privately owned vehicles expire at midnight on the registrant's birthday.

From the Palm Beach County Tax Collector's site:

Registrations of privately owned vehicles and long-term leased vehicles are valid until midnight on the registrant's birthday.
    A delinquent fee is charged if the registration is not renewed by the 10th day of the following month.

https://www.pbctax.com/motor-vehicles
    Well, that state tax collector is wrong then. I've got a car and a truck (just a Chevy Silverado - definitely not over 15k lbs), and both are personal vehicles - the car expires on my birthday and the truck expires on 12/31. When I registered my truck I was told if the GVWR is above 7499 I can register it as a truck.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123