Holidays and Staffing. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Where did this idea of they don't get paid holidays came from? Is their check any smaller at the end of the month if they work a holiday? Bullshit. Troopers don't get paid holidays either, they get to take the time back. Where are the specialty positions who got a 2k payraise? No ciu, bcii or motors out x8. They get paid holidays as you call it

No, their checks are not smaller. Its like working for free if they work a holiday. If we work a holiday, we can bank it. They cannot.

Unregistered
    Colonel Knights used to come out and work holiday enforcement. I guess that was when the brass used to get paid holidays, right. We are here for one thing, milk the state, if anyone would truly care about public safety then they will be out on the road. Stop feeding me that bull thru emails about
    'thanks for what you do, you really make a difference to the residents and visitors of this great state'

Bite me. Bunch of hypocrites
    Knight used to visit family during the holidays in Venice and he would go get a car from the station and ride around for a little while make a couple of mickey mouse traffic stops and then head on home for feast while the troopers were still out working the road missing the nice holiday dinner with their families that he was home enjoying.

Knight was not the great leader some of you try to make him out to be.

Unregistered
    I'm all for everyone possible having Holidays off. If you can get it off due to rank or position, great. What I found absolutely disgusting, however, is the constant lies FHP spun every holiday period for years. There is no place in law enforcement for dishonesty, yet several times a year, every year, FHP told the press "All uniformed members will be on the road" and every year, that statement was a complete lie. But...with this the first holiday period with Colonel Spaulding, I haven't heard FHP release such a statement. I have to give Spaulding credit. Good for him. Hopefully this is the start of an overall more honest era for the agency.

Unregistered
    I grew up AND got another job years ago. Now I make over 100k and I'm off every holiday. You guys are sucker for staying at FHP.
    Then why are you on this site posting.... 100K Loser!

Unregistered
    I'm all for everyone possible having Holidays off. If you can get it off due to rank or position, great. What I found absolutely disgusting, however, is the constant lies FHP spun every holiday period for years. There is no place in law enforcement for dishonesty, yet several times a year, every year, FHP told the press "All uniformed members will be on the road" and every year, that statement was a complete lie. But...with this the first holiday period with Colonel Spaulding, I haven't heard FHP release such a statement. I have to give Spaulding credit. Good for him. Hopefully this is the start of an overall more honest era for the agency.
    He can't barely write an email without typos so I guess is a good thing that he didn't notify the media.

Unregistered
    I'm gonna find out who everyone of you cry babies are and sic OIG on your lazy bums. You should be fired for being so unloyal to the state. Why don't you just quit and go somewhere else!!

Signed,

FHP Management

Unregistered
    I will never understand why troopers complain about the brass not being out. Why do you need brass out? So they can babysit you? Aren't we grown adults that can work on our own without someone holding our hand?

Unregistered
    I will never understand why troopers complain about the brass not being out. Why do you need brass out? So they can babysit you? Aren't we grown adults that can work on our own without someone holding our hand?
    I'm not sure where you work. The brass where I work baby sits from the house. All I hear on the radio all the time is dispatch telling the sgt, per 057 you need to do this, you need to do that. No way I can be a sgt, I can't barely be a trooper, overworked and underpaid. Might as well be X8 if they will micromanage when they are suppose to be off anyways.

Unregistered
    I hate Troop-F. Now let's hear the brass come back and say why we didn't have enough details, why we didn't respond fast enough. Screw it, we barely had enough personnel the last 2 days.

Unregistered
    The poster who said he or she was calling out sick because only two troopers were out on his/her shift; you are a sad individual if you would leave your partner on his or her own.

The rest of the whiners are just that, whiners who will never be happy. Worked with many over the years, complain, moan and groan, leave and go to another agency and then complain over there; then some ask to come back; Some are never happy.

I am not saying things are perfect or shouldn't be better, but for goodness sakes, stop just complaining and do something ------ support your collective bargaining agent and HOLD them responsible. If they don't work, get rid of them. Make friends with your legislator and visit them often. Not to ask for help all of the time, but so they know you as a person.

The one good think about this site is that the complainers are a very limited few. Read the posts, look at the language and the grammar and you can see that there are small number that always complain. Some are not even troopers or cops.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12