Holidays and Staffing.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Holidays and Staffing.

We won't be able to handle holidays in the coming years unless we bump up our numbers of Troopers. Yesterday it was crazy, traffic like I haven't seen in years. 2 Troopers for the whole 12 hr shift to cover a county of 400k. Calls coming in like crazy, fatalities coming in, s12, bolos, s55 and we were nowhere to be found. We had callers following alleged drunks on I75 and we just couldn't respond. The captain on vacation, the major on vacation, one Lt on vacation and the other one went home early. My sgt was all over the place being the tws and handling calls also. The SO was giving us every petty crap in town even after we told them we didn't have anyone on the interstate.

We should stop the lies to the press, making them think that we are in full force.

I'm calling out sick today, I'm not dealing with this shit again today, if the brass don't care, why should I.

Happy Thanksgiving

Welcome to TROOP - F

Unregistered
    What else is new. The brass feeds the media with all these stories and staffing plans, they ate the first one to bail out with the excuse of 'WE DON GET PAID HOLIDAYS'. Don't stress it men, do what you can. Let the public kill themselves.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    What else is new. The brass feeds the media with all these stories and staffing plans, they ate the first one to bail out with the excuse of 'WE DON GET PAID HOLIDAYS'. Don't stress it men, do what you can. Let the public kill themselves.
    They don't get paid holidays... Another wonderful legislative law enforcement is no different ideas.

And----Do you think our limited staffing can stop these non-safe driving motorists from killing themselves? Even if you put ever trooper from 1 on down to 1900 you are not going to stop that. People are to entitled and to much in a hurry.

Unregistered
    We won't be able to handle holidays in the coming years unless we bump up our numbers of Troopers. Yesterday it was crazy, traffic like I haven't seen in years. 2 Troopers for the whole 12 hr shift to cover a county of 400k. Calls coming in like crazy, fatalities coming in, s12, bolos, s55 and we were nowhere to be found. We had callers following alleged drunks on I75 and we just couldn't respond. The captain on vacation, the major on vacation, one Lt on vacation and the other one went home early. My sgt was all over the place being the tws and handling calls also. The SO was giving us every petty crap in town even after we told them we didn't have anyone on the interstate.

We should stop the lies to the press, making them think that we are in full force.

I'm calling out sick today, I'm not dealing with this shit again today, if the brass don't care, why should I.

Happy Thanksgiving

Welcome to TROOP - F
    Dear Happy Thanksgiving,

What do you want; for the Brass to block out all holiday's to any leave? Institute Alpha Bravo shifts for the holiday periods; can you imagine how you would ***** about that.
    Careful what kind of point you are trying to make. The limited number of troopers on the road is actually the fault of our elected leadership. They are aware of what Florida's population is and the number of visitors driving to our state and they simply do not give a rats a$$. They have to continue to give their business buddies tax breaks instead of fully funding public safety.

Also, based on your comment you need to find a different way to make a living, you are in it for the wrong reasons my friend.

Stay Safe!!!

Unregistered
    They don't get paid holidays... Another wonderful legislative law enforcement is no different ideas.

And----Do you think our limited staffing can stop these non-safe driving motorists from killing themselves? Even if you put ever trooper from 1 on down to 1900 you are not going to stop that. People are to entitled and to much in a hurry.

I agree. Why would the brass want to work on the holidays and if the legislature doesn’t want pay them for working on the holidays.

Unregistered

Happy Thanksgiving

Welcome to TROOP - F
    Its called staffing and if your district command doesn't handle it properly, send a message to the TC or to the Colonel. Don't just complain, do something about it.

Unregistered
    Its called staffing and if your district command doesn't handle it properly, send a message to the TC or to the Colonel. Don't just complain, do something about it.
    whining like a baby. Grow up or get another job.

Unregistered
    whining like a baby. Grow up or get another job.
    I grew up AND got another job years ago. Now I make over 100k and I'm off every holiday. You guys are sucker for staying at FHP.

Unregistered
    Where did this idea of they don't get paid holidays came from? Is their check any smaller at the end of the month if they work a holiday? Bullshit. Troopers don't get paid holidays either, they get to take the time back. Where are the specialty positions who got a 2k payraise? No ciu, bcii or motors out x8. They get paid holidays as you call it

Unregistered
    Colonel Knights used to come out and work holiday enforcement. I guess that was when the brass used to get paid holidays, right. We are here for one thing, milk the state, if anyone would truly care about public safety then they will be out on the road. Stop feeding me that bull thru emails about
    'thanks for what you do, you really make a difference to the residents and visitors of this great state'

Bite me. Bunch of hypocrites

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast