The video, shots fired & SAO Nolle Prosse

Senior Member LEO Affairs Corporal

Lightbulb The video, shots fired & SAO Nolle Prosse

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Williams
    Christian Gunter, who has a Florida permit to carry a concealed firearm, was arrested by Detective Friday and Deputy Hyde of the Sarasota Sheriff's Office for aggravated battery with a firearm, after shooting Roger Atlas in the lower abdomen. Gunter and Atlas had previously had a road rage incident.

Gunter invoked his Fifth Amendment rights after the shooting. Gunter said, “The best advice for me was to contact a lawyer because that day, they were going to arrest me, regardless whether I talked or not." He faced a felony, punishable by a minimum of 25 years in prison under Florida’s 10-20-Life Law. Looking back, Christian Gunter says there’s nothing he would have done differently.

However, surveillance video was obtained after the shooting and it shows that Roger Atlas — not Gunter — was the aggressor. After the video came out, the SAO dropped all charges against Gunter because Atlas’ testimony conflicted with two separate surveillance videos of the shooting. Gunter said, "Aside from $20,000 debt, I’ve gotta make the best of the situation.”

I asked Gunter why he was arrested. Gunter said, “It’s mostly politics. That needs to be changed because you shouldn’t be in fear to have to use your firearm (with a concealed carry permit) to defend yourself. That’s why you have it. If I have to go through this, then you too would go through this."

Attorney Young is now petitioning the court to return Gunter's firearms.
    http://thegunwriter.blogs.heraldtrib...istian-gunter/

Unregistered
    Was an arrest made before looking at the video?

Unregistered
    The hothead got shot. The bottom line is that he lied and the video proves it. He should be charged with misdemeanor "providing a false report to law-enforcement."

Unregistered
    Unlike this one........Mr Po Po will be 51 to the big house for a long time (with any luck)......you talk about a lose cannon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zz03rvyhIk

Unregistered
    Unfortunately, citizens-videos (and business videos) have done more to destroy the credibility and reputation of law enforcement than anything else in the last 20 years. Conversely, bodycams have the opposite effect of citizens-videos (and business videos) because copcams increase our credibility and reputation. Mr. Tom Knight's gross resistance to issuing bodycams to deputies is perplexing.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Unfortunately, citizens-videos (and business videos) have done more to destroy the credibility and reputation of law enforcement than anything else in the last 20 years. Conversely, bodycams have the opposite effect of citizens-videos (and business videos) because copcams increase our credibility and reputation. Mr. Tom Knight's gross resistance to issuing bodycams to deputies is perplexing.
    Here's an interesting video on what you're saying:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvDWrIDrQnw

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The hothead got shot. The bottom line is that he lied and the video proves it. He should be charged with misdemeanor "providing a false report to law-enforcement."
    The video shows that Roger Atlas lied to on-scene investigating deputies. The video contradicts Atlas' testimony, so arrest him (or do a capias on him and see if the SAO will issue a warrant for his arrest). However, after rushing to arrest Christian Gunter, the agency is now trying to quietly and politically extricate itself itself from this mess to avoid harming anyone else.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Corporal
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Williams
    Roger Atlas agreed to be interviewed by a reporter from SNN and I planned to join them, but Atlas wouldn’t allow me to be [present] because [he said] I was a “liberal piece of garbage.” [Then] Atlas later became so verbally hostile and abusive toward the SNN reporter that she refused to interview him [any more]. Instead, Atlas [had to be] interviewed by SNN news director Craig Bur****.

[During the interview] Atlas said Gunter should have fired a warning shot before using deadly force. Atlas also claims he was an NRA-certified firearms instructor. Atlas admits taking prescription drugs for pain. After watching all 26 minutes [of the interview], it’s not [too] difficult to understand why prosecutors dropped [all] the charges against Gunter.
    Full story and video:
    http://thegunwriter.blogs.heraldtrib...istian-gunter/