FOPE sell outs
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FOPE sell outs

Unregistered

FOPE sell outs

I hear our union is trying to work deal that will give big $ raises to all the old timer DOD deputies and leave those under 20 years and nondeputies with the scraps. This better be BS.

Unregistered
    I would like to see iupa do the same. Reward the senior guys who have been through all the turbulent times and different administrations. Reward the guys who haven't been fired or indicted. Reward the guys who cause the least amount of controversy or headache.
    And before you start in on me, I don't like that guys either that stay 35 plus years either. But reward senior deputies who have stuck it out.

Unregistered

Yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I would like to see iupa do the same. Reward the senior guys who have been through all the turbulent times and different administrations. Reward the guys who haven't been fired or indicted. Reward the guys who cause the least amount of controversy or headache.
    And before you start in on me, I don't like that guys either that stay 35 plus years either. But reward senior deputies who have stuck it out.
    Yeah! Give thone senior guys more money...oh wait. .don't they get a fat longevity supplement. This is why everyone gets pissed at unions. The reps are busy pushing their own contract agendas while the rest of us struggle, can't provide for our kids. Ohhh...yeah when we retire in 30 something years we can give half to our ex wives and die.

Unregistered
    So typical. Most of the stuff on this site is a lie, but if it comes true I would rather do like DLE and consider another union.

Unregistered
    Yeah! Give thone senior guys more money...oh wait. .don't they get a fat longevity supplement. This is why everyone gets pissed at unions. The reps are busy pushing their own contract agendas while the rest of us struggle, can't provide for our kids. Ohhh...yeah when we retire in 30 something years we can give half to our ex wives and die.
    "Fat longevity" which is 2% at 20 years. 5 at 12 and 5 at 18.
    So do what? Do away with them? Give everyone a huge raise at 8 years and let them make the same amount the rest of their career?
    "Can't provide for your kids?" I got news for you. Kids get more expensive with age. Ever heard of college? And I don't have an ex wife. Happily married for 20 years with two kids getting ready to go to college. I'm not a slug either. I was a kid in this agency and all I thought about was the next pay check and the next car chase. I get it. But all I ask is that you try to think about the future.

Unregistered

Take it to turnkey affairs

I hear our union is trying to work deal that will give big $ raises to all the old timer DOD deputies and leave those under 20 years and nondeputies with the scraps. This better be BS.
    Runs this info on jailer affairs

Unregistered
    "Fat longevity" which is 2% at 20 years. 5 at 12 and 5 at 18.
    So do what? Do away with them? Give everyone a huge raise at 8 years and let them make the same amount the rest of their career?
    "Can't provide for your kids?" I got news for you. Kids get more expensive with age. Ever heard of college? And I don't have an ex wife. Happily married for 20 years with two kids getting ready to go to college. I'm not a slug either. I was a kid in this agency and all I thought about was the next pay check and the next car chase. I get it. But all I ask is that you try to think about the future.
    I agree that you have to look at it long term and our future. I have a couple of years until I hit the 20 year mark. I think this is great because I look at it money in a bank account that I can't touch. This will help our pensions tremendously. Before I started with BSO parity was offered, then was pulled off the table. Let's not make the same mistake.

Unregistered
    I agree that you have to look at it long term and our future. I have a couple of years until I hit the 20 year mark. I think this is great because I look at it money in a bank account that I can't touch. This will help our pensions tremendously. Before I started with BSO parity was offered, then was pulled off the table. Let's not make the same mistake.
    Parity works both ways. It also means the senior guys not selling out the junior ones. A new DOD deputy makes like $40k. 20 year guys make like $80k and they should get all the raise?!?. How about a DOD tech, a CSA, bailiff or comments center operator making 30k? What you tell them?

Unregistered
    So what if you are a 10 year DOD deputy and your kids are going to college? I guess we should all wait until we are 35 to have kids.

Unregistered
    TM is a good guy. I don't see him sticking it to the rest of the FOPE to pad his retirement. I'm not biting. Believe it when I see it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast