FOPE sell outs - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FOPE sell outs

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Parity works both ways. It also means the senior guys not selling out the junior ones. A new DOD deputy makes like $40k. 20 year guys make like $80k and they should get all the raise?!?. How about a DOD tech, a CSA, bailiff or comments center operator making 30k? What you tell them?
    I would tell them, "Too bad." Either you get on board or get left behind.

Unregistered
    Don't you turn keys have your own page....stop trying to be like us

Unregistered
    Don't you turn keys have your own page....stop trying to be like us
    You think passing out candy to 3rd graders in some suburban community gives you full rights to this blog. You are probably the same moron who shite his pants if he had to spend a day in the jail.

Unregistered
    You think passing out candy to 3rd graders in some suburban community gives you full rights to this blog. You are probably the same moron who shite his pants if he had to spend a day in the jail.
    Amen, Ain't that the truth.

Unregistered
    Do you DOD folks actually believe you are going to get parity with DLE? Every DLE/CC I have ever talked to admits you don't deserve parity.

Unregistered
    Do you DOD folks actually believe you are going to get parity with DLE? Every DLE/CC I have ever talked to admits you don't deserve parity.
    Parity with DLE isn't the issue. It's the idea that FOPE old timers want to sell out the rest of the bargaining unit. DOD deputies are only half of the FOPE. And DOD deputies with more than 20 years are about 10% of all the FOPE bargaining unit. If that is what they want thenothing they need to break off into their own union. Total BS.

Unregistered
    Parity with DLE isn't the issue. It's the idea that FOPE old timers want to sell out the rest of the bargaining unit. DOD deputies are only half of the FOPE. And DOD deputies with more than 20 years are about 10% of all the FOPE bargaining unit. If that is what they want thenothing they need to break off into their own union. Total BS.
    it's called negotiating for a reason. it is a lot easier getting another step increase than getting a blanket raise for everyone (and cheaper too). it also gives you something to look forward to in the future and a guaranteed pay increase when you are not guaranteed a COLA. but you want everything now and do not want to work for your step increases, you want everything now. instead of selling you out, the FOPE is trying to ensure you have a raise in the future, but you don't see that and probably never will.

Unregistered
    it's called negotiating for a reason. it is a lot easier getting another step increase than getting a blanket raise for everyone (and cheaper too). it also gives you something to look forward to in the future and a guaranteed pay increase when you are not guaranteed a COLA. but you want everything now and do not want to work for your step increases, you want everything now. instead of selling you out, the FOPE is trying to ensure you have a raise in the future, but you don't see that and probably never will.

I guess if you are a DOD deputy it is good. But if you are one of the other 20 or so non-sworn job assignments in the FOPE, then you get the sausage. Not much reason to pay dues if you are one of them because you will never see that step. I guess thats the difference between DLE and DOD's bargaining units. PBA/IUPA only represented sworn deputies.

Unregistered
    Negotiations are open for all members to attend. Maybe if you were at the last negotiation session you would have heard the FOPE's proposal for a parity step for DOD Deputies and Sergeants and a step plan for a civilian essential personnel supplement. This is on top of the Sheriff offer for a two year contract with a 2% cola in year one and a 2% cola in year two for all bargaining unit members. Here are your choices. 1. show up at contract negotiations and support your union and hear what is said for youself. 2. Be patient and wait for sergeant Marciano to send out an email with updates on negotiations. 3. Undermine your unions ability to negotiate by spreading lies and misinformation. If you have questions or concerns contact Sergeant Marciano or Deputy Olive I'm sure they will be happy to answer your questions.

Unregistered
    Can I get one of those cute little baseball caps that the road guys have?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast