How much money is our beach Lt gonna cost us
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

How much money is our beach Lt gonna cost us

So I hear he's got himself into a federal lawsuit

Unregistered
    Doesn't cost us a dime. That's what civil liability insurance is for. I worked for FF for 10 plus years. He always treated me good. Do your job and you won't have. a problem. If he hurt your feelings in the past, suck it up and get over it.

Unregistered
    Ok Mindy we won't talk bad about your war daddy

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Doesn't cost us a dime. That's what civil liability insurance is for. I worked for FF for 10 plus years. He always treated me good. Do your job and you won't have. a problem. If he hurt your feelings in the past, suck it up and get over it.
    Nice attitude you have, it's obvious you've worked for FF before. Maybe you were on Border St. the nite they ran the guy into the tree during the unauthorized pursuit. Wonder if it didn't cost us a dime because the guy was killed.

Unregistered
    I was, the guy committed a felony and ran from the law. Just because you're a bleeding heart morganite, doesn't mean Frank did anything wrong. Don't commit a felony and run and you probably won't die. The fact that you blame that on anyone but the suspect is unthinkable. You must be one of the lazy ones whose feelings he hurt. Btw, there are a lot of strong Lt's that allowed chases to continue. A lot.

Unregistered

missing the point

I was, the guy committed a felony and ran from the law. Just because you're a bleeding heart morganite, doesn't mean Frank did anything wrong. Don't commit a felony and run and you probably won't die. The fact that you blame that on anyone but the suspect is unthinkable. You must be one of the lazy ones whose feelings he hurt. Btw, there are a lot of strong Lt's that allowed chases to continue. A lot.
    The point is, our policy did not permit this chase. It was not a violent felony. Not to mention that FF disciplined people for this very thing.

And yes, I believe it did cost the office, because the suspect that died was kin to an employee and I got the impression that they didn't let it slide.

Unregistered

Doesnt matter

Seems the trend of getting rid of true cops that want to work is continuing. Before you know it we will show up to issue hugs and counseling if EH continues to have a say in the matter. He needs to let us do the job we signed up for. And to hell with all the political correct bs. We are called out to a scene to deal with criminals They should not have more rights than us because they broke the law. Why does haines reward criminals with a hug a thug mentality. It is not helping the public and certainly not stopping the rise in violent crime

Unregistered

back up your whining

Seems the trend of getting rid of true cops that want to work is continuing. Before you know it we will show up to issue hugs and counseling if EH continues to have a say in the matter. He needs to let us do the job we signed up for. And to hell with all the political correct bs. We are called out to a scene to deal with criminals They should not have more rights than us because they broke the law. Why does haines reward criminals with a hug a thug mentality. It is not helping the public and certainly not stopping the rise in violent crime
    What are you talking about? Besides the chase policy, give me an example of Haines' "Hug a thug" mentality. Give me an example when you can't "do your job" for fear of something happening.

Unregistered
    The point is, our policy did not permit this chase. It was not a violent felony. Not to mention that FF disciplined people for this very thing.

And yes, I believe it did cost the office, because the suspect that died was kin to an employee and I got the impression that they didn't let it slide.
    Well you are wrong about one thing the policy at the time didn't prohibit that chase. It put the decision on the supervisor on duty and he decided to do his job and try to get this criminal off the street. It is unfortunate it ended in that manner, but he didn't force the dirtbag to wreck. It could have happened to you too. Or maybe not since you believe in the Haines philosophy of interpreting policy your way and everyone else is wrong.

Unregistered
    Well you are wrong about one thing the policy at the time didn't prohibit that chase. It put the decision on the supervisor on duty and he decided to do his job and try to get this criminal off the street. It is unfortunate it ended in that manner, but he didn't force the dirtbag to wreck. It could have happened to you too. Or maybe not since you believe in the Haines philosophy of interpreting policy your way and everyone else is wrong.
    Anyone that disagrees with you is automatically a Haines or Morgan supporter, maybe they have a different opinion of the job, that is allowed. I don't like Morgan or Haines, but I'm smart enough to realize that law enforcement is changing and if we don't change with it it's going to be forced on us to change. I was a cop when the Rodney King incident happened, and before you jump to accusations that I agree he was right, I don't. Because of the public perception of that incident change did come. I don't agree with the way things are headed, but it's beyond your and my control at this point to stop it. If you or I don't adapt to the changes that are happening and more that are surely coming we will find ourselves out of a job or possibly in legal trouble. It seems to be a give and take process where we, law enforcement have to give some to keep others from taking everything we use to do the job. Look at the cops that are being arrested and fired all over the country, I don't want to be one of them. If you choose to stand hard and keep doing things the way we did, good luck to you.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast