Highest Crime Area?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Highest Crime Area?

Where does the Child's Park Area rank as far as crime? I know it's bad, but is it the worse?. I live in Tampa and have a elderly family friend that lives Child's park.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Where does the Child's Park Area rank as far as crime? I know it's bad, but is it the worse?. I live in Tampa and have a elderly family friend that lives Child's park.
    Just a suggestion but you might have your elderly friend visit you instead of taking the chance visiting them.

it's NOT safe
    SPPD no longer goes by crime stats so it's impossible to say whether it's the worst neighborhood.

“You can make statistics say whatever you want them to say,” Chief Anthony Holloway says. “I like to go into the community and the question is, ‘Is there a reduction of fear in your community?’ That’s the key question."
    http://thegabber.com/police-chief-ho...s-policy-race/

It's all about feelings.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-oHYYaw9jA

Unregistered

idiots

these people that replied to a regular question don't work here and are answering in the most complicated way possible...child's park is a pretty bad area but it's not the worst. so many of the bad guys living in this area actually commit crimes in other parts of the city. it's low income and like other low income areas it has its problems (shootings, drugs, auto thefts, etc), but i have worked here for years and some of the families that have also lived here for years that stay out of the mess and don't associate with the trouble care fine. it's not baltimore and you should be able to visit family for thanksgiving if that is what you're asking...to buy a house? nah there are much better options in the city, even for low income households.

to answer your question again simply...no it's not the worst (depending on what you're defining "worst" as of course...because when stuff gets bad here, it can get bad like i said up there)...yes it is bad. does your friend live by themselves?

stay safe
    Everyone gave a civil reply except that ^ one, who has an overwhelming urge to superimpose his opinion on all others and hurl epithets. He/she gave a complicated answer to a simple question. To the OP, it's a high crime are no matter how you slice it. The criminals prey on outside neighborhoods because they've drained everything of value from Childs Park. Don't go there looking like you have something worth taking. Hope this helps.

Unregistered
    Thank you all for your responses. No my fiend lives with her son but he is away at work a lot.

Unregistered

uh

poster #5 is an idiot. statistics show thefts are higher in other parts of town, specifically up north and from businesses...

you get more vehicle burgs from places where they know people have stuff, not in the hood. shut your mouth. you sound like a certain self righteous fat d3 evening cop that is going to be chief someday hahaha

duck hunt 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    poster #5 is an idiot. statistics show thefts are higher in other parts of town, specifically up north and from businesses...

you get more vehicle burgs from places where they know people have stuff, not in the hood. shut your mouth. you sound like a certain self righteous fat d3 evening cop that is going to be chief someday hahaha
    and how does Child's Park compare when you include violent crime and drug activity?

Get your head out of the sand... paint whatever picture you like, but if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and sounds like a duck, it's an fn duck.

Unregistered
    Two and a half years ago I posed this question and Sunday my worse nightmare came true. My friend taking care of his elderly mother nearly had his head blown off from a random bullet.
    That’s right. They were the next door neighbors of That home invasion shooting. My friend got up to gunshots, approached his window and two bullets nearly missed him.
    His vehicle outside was hit also.
    Bay news 9 didn’t cover any of this.
    They said the home invasion was not random and that the neighbors were safe.
    I blame the Mayor and the high ranking officials at the police department for being cowards and not dealing with the lawlessness in Child’s Park. You handcuff the great Police Officers and don’t let them Police. Did the Mayor go visit my friends? Weak!!
    Does anyone care?
    I just received a call from my friends elderly mom, who is now concerned about the 4th of July where there will be a lot of gunshots and illegal fireworks in that area.
    Heartbreaking.
    DO SOMETHING !!!

Unregistered
    Park Walk and Talks solve everything. Right Tony?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast