Lock Your Doors
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lock Your Doors

exempt status

Lock Your Doors

The SPPD is in the midst of multiple publicity campaigns to educate the public of the importance of locking their cars and not leaving valet keys in them because vehicle burglaries and thefts are through the roof. Yet when the Gulfport Police Chief leaves his cruiser keys in his unlocked personal vehicle and the cruiser gets stolen we don't hear a peep. What better lesson for the public. (Yes Chief Vincent we know it's not your fault because it happened in St Pete)

You can bet that if it were an officers cruiser it would be all over the news and the officer would be on admin leave pending an investigation. It's good to see that professional courtesy extends to staff members of other agencies also.

double standard
    Chief Holloway should have the D3 major hand-deliver a flyer to Gulfport Police Chief Robert Vincent.
    Chief's Staff Meeting Notes 11/18/2015 District III:
    "There were 15 auto thefts and all of them had keys in the ignition...vehicle burglaries were up to 32 and they were all unlocked...[the solution is to] hand out flyers regarding unlocked vehicles."

Another thing, Chief Vincent recently demanded a letter of apology from a PCSO deputy for insulting him. Chief Vincent should send a written apology to SPPD for contributing to St. Pete's crime problem.

Unregistered
    I'm shocked that after 24 hours the Police Chief's cruiser getting stolen still hasn't made the news.

wehrmacht propaganda

business as usual

A tv film crew was out there but decided not to run the story. Chief Holloway did Chief Vincent a favor & told the SPPD pio to massively downplay the incident to the media as a "nothing here, move on" story (no weapons taken.) Lying is an art form in SPPD communications div.

Unregistered

accidents happen

right? hahaha

anyway i'm sure he has had enough embarrassment on its own i don't think it needs to go as far as public media information. the media will blast pd whenever they get a chance...keep it between the brothers in blue if you ask me...there is no need to let them make us look any worse than they have already.

thin blue line is not the same as it was back in the days huh? i am not saying not to make fun of him, but i dont understand why another cop would want this story in the news either.

Unregistered
    Thin blue line no longer exists??? Have you not met the stellar officers of our 4th relief shift?

Tie-dyed cop shop
    Definition of thin blue line from World Heritage Encylopedia: "Most use the term to refer to the unwavering commitment the police have for each other, to the point of willingness to blur the truth."

I've found that definition fits only SPPD police administrators and their fat - not thin - parasites. Admin tells lies and the the parasites nod in agreement. It's an outdated term from William Friedkin's 1965 film. Jayzus this dept has regressed!!!

Unregistered

Misinformation

Chief Vincent didn't DEMAND anything you moron. That was part of the deputy's discipline. What are you 12?? Grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by double standard View Post
    Chief Holloway should have the D3 major hand-deliver a flyer to Gulfport Police Chief Robert Vincent.
    Chief's Staff Meeting Notes 11/18/2015 District III:
    "There were 15 auto thefts and all of them had keys in the ignition...vehicle burglaries were up to 32 and they were all unlocked...[the solution is to] hand out flyers regarding unlocked vehicles."

Another thing, Chief Vincent recently demanded a letter of apology from a PCSO deputy for insulting him. Chief Vincent should send a written apology to SPPD for contributing to St. Pete's crime problem.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Chief Vincent didn't DEMAND anything you moron. That was part of the deputy's discipline. What are you 12?? Grow up.
    Now now Chief don't let them get to you. We know your the grand pooh bah of G Town and are above all others. After all why would anyone consider simply handling the situation by pulling the deputy aside and telling him he should excuse him self because he wasn't being professional being there after having been drinking, then let it go. We know you want the Sherriff and other Police Chiefs to think your in their circle so you had to make it a big deal. Hopefully you framed your letter.

I wonder what your discipline will be for leaving your cruiser keys in an unlocked vehicle. I have no doubt that you would hang one your officers if the roles were reversed. Maybe you should make a public statement and point out that it would never have happened if St Pete didn't have such a crime problem.

BTW when you get a chance take a ride down Tyrone Blvd and take a gander at the large message boards that suggest you LOCK YOUR CAR.

Unregistered
    " i am not saying not to make fun of him, but i dont understand why another cop would want this story in the news either. "

At a time when vehicle burglaries and auto thefts are through the roof because of the exact thing that happened here (leaving keys to another vehicle in an unlocked car) what better educational point for the public that it can happen to anyone that's careless. If it wasn't the Police Chief we're talking about it wouldn't only have been in the news, the chief himself would have held a press conference pointing out the carelessness of the officer involved. HMMMMMMM not so in this case..... I wonder why?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast