Hiring process!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Man you guys sound like a bunch of little school girls! If this the best we can get, we are in some trouble. You sound weak and feeble minded. I'm guessing zero life experience and have yet to be in a fight. I'm not saying we need cold blooded killers... but we have enough cheerleaders and golly gosh gee willikers types here. This is not a profession where you change the world or make difference. Futhermore, we don't serve and protect in this city. We simply strive to survive and attempt to keep others alive who wish to be so. As a profession, we are hated, dispised, disrespected, disregarded, ignored, treated as if we are fools and ridiculed. Folks spit on us, hit us, run us over, bleed on us, throw urine and feces on us, bite us and if given the chance, kill us. We are recorded, sued, and often treated as nothing more than a necessary evil. If you come in here with the wrong, unrealistic idea of what being a police officer really is, you will be eaten alive and suffer irreplaceable psychological damage. You will see and do things you never thought possible. You will encounter the devil on a daily bases and you WILL NOT WIN EVERY BATTLE if you fail to outwit or out fight him. You must be ferocious yet controlled, the epitome of aggression behind the disguise of a smile. You must possess the ability to kill everyone you meet no matter how small or big, yet only have the ability to react after the monster has unleashed it's first blow on you. You will have to explain your split second action for an eternity after the event. You will be judged as if you were the monster and the monster who tried to take you life is labeled a sheep. This is the reality of the job. This is not TV, XBOX, PLAYSTATION or some dream job you thought about when you were a kid. You don't get a do over, there are no cheat codes or manuals. This is a calling, not a job, a paycheck or a means to an end. You will forever run the risk of destroying your marriage, family life or freedom. You must be ready all the time, day or nighr, on or off, awake or alseep. Sleep, that will be a luxury, weekends... gone. Missed birthdays and holidays will be a reoccurring theme. Then when you think you're safe while amongst your brothers in blue, you will learn sometimes they can be your worst enemies. I'm not jaded, I'm not pissed. In fact, despite all the aforementioned, I LOVE MY JOB and will always have an infinity for this city. I am however damaged by what I've seen and those I have encountered on both sides of the law. I'm proud of my badge, patch and position, but disgraced by those who failed to fully understand what this job really is. I implore you to seriously consider your career choice. Can you fight for your life or for the life of someone who absolutely despises your existence? Can you watch a child die, can you kill a child who is hell bent on killing you? Can you watch someone burn to death and forget the smell of burning flesh? Can you maintain your composure when someone uses every word in the book to degrade you? Can you really do this? Then can you do this every day, every hour, every minute, EVERY SECOND for the next 25 years?
    Great post! Dead on! Now go get some help... I'll be line right behind you.

Unregistered
    Great post! Dead on! Now go get some help... I'll be line right behind you.
    So ****ing true... can you do all that, then have lunch? Then of course come back and do it all again tomorrow?

Unregistered
    Miami Police isn't hiring people with life experience. They posted a picture today of people currently in the academy they looked like high school kids. Anyways. I applied and I'm 35 years old with a lot of life experience. Hopefully I get in put in 2-4 years and leave to another agency.

Unregistered
    Good morning ladies and gents, hope all is well.

I know there will be some officers that will comment by bashing the department, it always happens. If i can get any mature officer or officers to answer, i will gladly appreciate it.

This employment announcement will close today at 5pm. My question is, does anyone know by when will they begin processing, as in calling for orientation?? Will it be, before th year ends or sometime next year?

Again, thank you for your replies, good or bad.

Stay safe out there and go back home to your families.
    Call DC R. Laburdursky. He is the straw that stirs the drink here. He makes dreams come true.

Unregistered
    Hey *****, perhaps you missed the part about no sleep and midnights. I spent my time there until I wised up and stopped hating everyone. I discovered that it is easier to support the staff and the city. It makes for an easier life. NO midnights, NO crappy assignments in Negro town, NO missing the weekends when the family is off. Got a nice, comfy air conditioned office and comfy desk chair to sit in. Plus, I get to schmooze with the staff in the mornings for coffee. I was once like you, a hater. But I will hand it to you. It is ignorant, hateful mother****ers like you that keep the F & F plan, as you call it going and for that I am grateful!
    "Hey *****"??? Them is fighting words. It's a good goddamn thing your faggot ass got behind that cushy desk when it did. I'm sure you can't back that talk up with any kind of physicality. Funny how the weakest members must act and speak with such menacing words from behind a computer, but put you on the street and you are clueless. So enjoy you desk and coffee, but watch you back... the politics of administration are far more toxic than anything I would ever deal with out here. Out here you risk being killed, god knows you can't handle that. Inside, you risk being someone's *****. So get those knee pads ready and have a bib handy. I feel safer with you behind a desk, you were never a cop anyway. I don't "hate" anyone, or even dislike for that matter. I just identify the ignorant,back biting, scared little *****es like you and laugh. Thanks for the entertainment! Go ahead and fire something back. It doesn't matter, you are invalid, unimportant and as useless as tits on bull. No one looks up to you, as you are nothing than a glorified secretary. I'm sure your family is proud that thier loved one is hard at work protecting the coffee pot and keeping the computer safe. The real cops will do the hard stuff and you can continue to take all the glory as you are relegated to obscurity, yet I'm sure you selfishly repeat war stories you heard others say as your own. No one respects you, but I'm sure you already knew that. Again, not hating... just laughing and telling it like it is. No hard feelings either, you can call me a ***** all you want. We both know who really wears the panties. By the way you might want to put them back before your wife starts asking questions.

Unregistered
    "Hey *****"??? Them is fighting words. It's a good goddamn thing your faggot ass got behind that cushy desk when it did. I'm sure you can't back that talk up with any kind of physicality. Funny how the weakest members must act and speak with such menacing words from behind a computer, but put you on the street and you are clueless. So enjoy you desk and coffee, but watch you back... the politics of administration are far more toxic than anything I would ever deal with out here. Out here you risk being killed, god knows you can't handle that. Inside, you risk being someone's *****. So get those knee pads ready and have a bib handy. I feel safer with you behind a desk, you were never a cop anyway. I don't "hate" anyone, or even dislike for that matter. I just identify the ignorant,back biting, scared little *****es like you and laugh. Thanks for the entertainment! Go ahead and fire something back. It doesn't matter, you are invalid, unimportant and as useless as tits on bull. No one looks up to you, as you are nothing than a glorified secretary. I'm sure your family is proud that thier loved one is hard at work protecting the coffee pot and keeping the computer safe. The real cops will do the hard stuff and you can continue to take all the glory as you are relegated to obscurity, yet I'm sure you selfishly repeat war stories you heard others say as your own. No one respects you, but I'm sure you already knew that. Again, not hating... just laughing and telling it like it is. No hard feelings either, you can call me a ***** all you want. We both know who really wears the panties. By the way you might want to put them back before your wife starts asking questions.
    HEY ASSHOLE, I may be all that but I will tell you one thing, I don't get wet, don't go hungry and get to sleep nights. I paid my dues and earned my spot. Oh, by the way, I get all the off duties I want, when I want them. How about you? Have to put the house on the market? Old lady have to go back to work to make ends meet? Hummm? Enjoying that car you get every five years or so? I am guaranteed one every two years. Nice one also. LOL, you are the funny one. Feel that you have to defend yourself and slam me. That's ok. Because when the rubber hits the road, I am better off than you are and you know it. Truth hurts doesn't it. You ought to try liking the staff for a change. It pays dividends. But don't be a hater just because I choose to make the same if not more $$$ than you do. I just do it easier, that's all.

Unregistered
    True. Its going to happen and I'm going to be stoked training alongside you! I'll post when I hear something.
    My God, I bet you guys can't wait to take showers together and soap one another up also.

Unregistered
    HEY ASSHOLE, I may be all that but I will tell you one thing, I don't get wet, don't go hungry and get to sleep nights. I paid my dues and earned my spot. Oh, by the way, I get all the off duties I want, when I want them. How about you? Have to put the house on the market? Old lady have to go back to work to make ends meet? Hummm? Enjoying that car you get every five years or so? I am guaranteed one every two years. Nice one also. LOL, you are the funny one. Feel that you have to defend yourself and slam me. That's ok. Because when the rubber hits the road, I am better off than you are and you know it. Truth hurts doesn't it. You ought to try liking the staff for a change. It pays dividends. But don't be a hater just because I choose to make the same if not more $$$ than you do. I just do it easier, that's all.
    Whao... I hope you're taking blood pressure meds. I'm happy and just fine... I'm not slamming you nor am I defending myself, I'm simply telling it like it is. Apparently, in doing so, I pulled you back to reality for a few seconds. You're depiction of how I live is completely inaccurate, enjoy all the off duties you want. I was smart and married a woman much smarter than me. Therefore our combined income precludes me from having to work off duties. You're not better than off than anyone here... the fact that you have to boast what you consider to be benefits, is simply you trying convince yourself that you have it good. Now go back to filling papers and pressing your nose up someone's ass.

Unregistered
    I want to be a River Cop and join the ranks of a corrupt law enforcement organization. I'll complete my application today.

Unregistered
    When is the city going to open again ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast