Hiring process!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

Hiring process!!!

Good morning ladies and gents, hope all is well.

I know there will be some officers that will comment by bashing the department, it always happens. If i can get any mature officer or officers to answer, i will gladly appreciate it.

This employment announcement will close today at 5pm. My question is, does anyone know by when will they begin processing, as in calling for orientation?? Will it be, before th year ends or sometime next year?

Again, thank you for your replies, good or bad.

Stay safe out there and go back home to your families.

Unregistered
    Not closing today at 5 pm is where you went wrong to start off with second don't ask question you already know the answer too!

Unregistered
    Don't apply here unless you don't want any step raises for years. Apply to the beach or the county it's way better than here.

Unregistered
    You better be fit... they only hiring at fitness centers and crossfit boxes.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not closing today at 5 pm is where you went wrong to start off with second don't ask question you already know the answer too!
    Oh, im sorry. Just, you know. Thats what the website said. Forgive me for bringing up something the city website CURRENTLY states.

Unregistered
    Theo, be patient!!!!! I keep telling you that the time will come. I also told you that you should not apply here because this place has way to much issues and corruption. However, I understand that at this point you go where you can and then go to a real department with better leadership. This place used to be fun, had good supervisors, and they backed you up and cared. Now, if you come you risk working for Alfonso and a bunch of corrupt Cubans. You are not Cuban so you will not be on the friends and family plan. Also, don't listen to the people that come post here, they dont know much about anything and all they do is complain. Good luck

Your boss

Unregistered

Application

Got my application in too. I'm excited regardless of all the crazy stuff I'm reading on this site. I actually look forward to seeing all this for myself and helping however I can because I grew up in this amazing city and there are a lot of good people here... I was reading on another forum last years applicants got a yellow invite in the mail for orientation 2-3 months after applying. Orientation took place about ten days after receiving the letter so stay on top of your mail, then PAT a week after orientation.

Unregistered
    Got my application in too. I'm excited regardless of all the crazy stuff I'm reading on this site. I actually look forward to seeing all this for myself and helping however I can because I grew up in this amazing city and there are a lot of good people here... I was reading on another forum last years applicants got a yellow invite in the mail for orientation 2-3 months after applying. Orientation took place about ten days after receiving the letter so stay on top of your mail, then PAT a week after orientation.

I hope they start scheduling for orientation before the year ends. Ive been around the issues and the politics of law enforcement, but i just simply want to be a Miami Police Officer, good or bad politics, there is a sense of pride. Just to say I am a Miami Police Officer.

Unregistered
    I hope they start scheduling for orientation before the year ends. Ive been around the issues and the politics of law enforcement, but i just simply want to be a Miami Police Officer, good or bad politics, there is a sense of pride. Just to say I am a Miami Police Officer.
    True. Its going to happen and I'm going to be stoked training alongside you! I'll post when I hear something.

Unregistered
    True. Its going to happen and I'm going to be stoked training alongside you! I'll post when I hear something.
    Man you guys sound like a bunch of little school girls! If this the best we can get, we are in some trouble. You sound weak and feeble minded. I'm guessing zero life experience and have yet to be in a fight. I'm not saying we need cold blooded killers... but we have enough cheerleaders and golly gosh gee willikers types here. This is not a profession where you change the world or make difference. Futhermore, we don't serve and protect in this city. We simply strive to survive and attempt to keep others alive who wish to be so. As a profession, we are hated, dispised, disrespected, disregarded, ignored, treated as if we are fools and ridiculed. Folks spit on us, hit us, run us over, bleed on us, throw urine and feces on us, bite us and if given the chance, kill us. We are recorded, sued, and often treated as nothing more than a necessary evil. If you come in here with the wrong, unrealistic idea of what being a police officer really is, you will be eaten alive and suffer irreplaceable psychological damage. You will see and do things you never thought possible. You will encounter the devil on a daily bases and you WILL NOT WIN EVERY BATTLE if you fail to outwit or out fight him. You must be ferocious yet controlled, the epitome of aggression behind the disguise of a smile. You must possess the ability to kill everyone you meet no matter how small or big, yet only have the ability to react after the monster has unleashed it's first blow on you. You will have to explain your split second action for an eternity after the event. You will be judged as if you were the monster and the monster who tried to take you life is labeled a sheep. This is the reality of the job. This is not TV, XBOX, PLAYSTATION or some dream job you thought about when you were a kid. You don't get a do over, there are no cheat codes or manuals. This is a calling, not a job, a paycheck or a means to an end. You will forever run the risk of destroying your marriage, family life or freedom. You must be ready all the time, day or nighr, on or off, awake or alseep. Sleep, that will be a luxury, weekends... gone. Missed birthdays and holidays will be a reoccurring theme. Then when you think you're safe while amongst your brothers in blue, you will learn sometimes they can be your worst enemies. I'm not jaded, I'm not pissed. In fact, despite all the aforementioned, I LOVE MY JOB and will always have an infinity for this city. I am however damaged by what I've seen and those I have encountered on both sides of the law. I'm proud of my badge, patch and position, but disgraced by those who failed to fully understand what this job really is. I implore you to seriously consider your career choice. Can you fight for your life or for the life of someone who absolutely despises your existence? Can you watch a child die, can you kill a child who is hell bent on killing you? Can you watch someone burn to death and forget the smell of burning flesh? Can you maintain your composure when someone uses every word in the book to degrade you? Can you really do this? Then can you do this every day, every hour, every minute, EVERY SECOND for the next 25 years?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast