The good old days (Roth)

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit

The good old days (Roth)

Who even remembers that? When a decade or more would go by without a loss? Am guessing pay over the past 6+ years haven't gone north and rents and cost of living have. Now the climate in public has changed dramatically with law enforcement and personnel probably gets a slightly elevated watch your back etc...to what end? My thoughts and prayers go out daily for each and every one of you guys. Not only are you doing the most thankless job, there is added hostility and resistance that is and will continue to be seeded from now on and your job is now much more than before. God Bless all...

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by T Saint-Amand View Post
    Who even remembers that? When a decade or more would go by without a loss? Am guessing pay over the past 6+ years haven't gone north and rents and cost of living have. Now the climate in public has changed dramatically with law enforcement and personnel probably gets a slightly elevated watch your back etc...to what end? My thoughts and prayers go out daily for each and every one of you guys. Not only are you doing the most thankless job, there is added hostility and resistance that is and will continue to be seeded from now on and your job is now much more than before. God Bless all...
    I do remember that time (and before) The biggest difference that I see is that Deputies are generally less part of their community, and more metro-mentality without the professionalism. Back then everyone knew we were in the Keys- not Miami, and acted like it. The residents were not the enemy as they seem to be now. There was a real effort to protect and serve which has been lost-big time. All agecies were respected and worked together all the time. It was common to see a fed, FHP, FMP, and others, working a scene together.Everyone knew everyone and it helped the public. Now there is a reluctance to even call the Sheriff's office. Sad really.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I do remember that time (and before) The biggest difference that I see is that Deputies are generally less part of their community, and more metro-mentality without the professionalism. Back then everyone knew we were in the Keys- not Miami, and acted like it. The residents were not the enemy as they seem to be now. There was a real effort to protect and serve which has been lost-big time. All agecies were respected and worked together all the time. It was common to see a fed, FHP, FMP, and others, working a scene together.Everyone knew everyone and it helped the public. Now there is a reluctance to even call the Sheriff's office. Sad really.
    I want to know who the over-weight Deputy who parks in and around the Key Largo Park and lears at the girls who are walking or jogging in the area. Binoculars Dude? really?

Unregistered
    I'm a resident and frequent visitor of the Keys, and I must say how disappointing it is to hear the Keys be in the news as often as it's been the last year. Police shootings, thefts, drugs, murders: your paradise has seen it all. I pray that it one day returns to the tranquil paradise that I look forward to visiting, but that will not happen with the toilet-bowl of a society we have growing daily.

Unregistered
    I'm a resident and frequent visitor of the Keys, and I must say how disappointing it is to hear the Keys be in the news as often as it's been the last year. Police shootings, thefts, drugs, murders: your paradise has seen it all. I pray that it one day returns to the tranquil paradise that I look forward to visiting, but that will not happen with the toilet-bowl of a society we have growing daily.
    A lot of that of which you speak is a direct result of a piss-poor law enforcement mentality . That is not just the Sheriff's office. Remember when everyone knew the local troopers, Marine patrol or even the Game Wardens! Our Cops today are "different".

Unregistered
    A lot of that of which you speak is a direct result of a piss-poor law enforcement mentality . That is not just the Sheriff's office. Remember when everyone knew the local troopers, Marine patrol or even the Game Wardens! Our Cops today are "different".
    Yeah they shoot citizens and lie under oath.