Well what do you know the #1 spot is open - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's refreshing that you recognize you don't understand the big picture of managing a modern law enforcement agency, particularly one that has the extra dimension of serving a college campus. It's also heartwarming that you recognize your need to STFU. Pull of the hat trick and recognize you shouldn't be typing on the internet about these things above your head. Look around, learn to love the your view from the bottom rung of the career ladder.
    This has got to be the funniest post I've ever seen on here. Did you really use the terms modern and extra dimension? Thanks for the laugh manager

Unregistered
    The University is going to spend their money on a lot of hires and expect us to do a lot more. It would be nice if they use what we have and give us some decent pay raises for all the extra work we will be expected to do with the expanding housing and other plans, and taking on areas off of campus.

Unregistered
    Sounds like more screwballs have taken charge of that department. When I worked there it was a good department to work for, focused on the security of the campus and we had a good name. It is a poor succession of leadership your department is dealing with.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sounds like more screwballs have taken charge of that department. When I worked there it was a good department to work for, focused on the security of the campus and we had a good name. It is a poor succession of leadership your department is dealing with.
    Excuse me pal, but "when you (I) worked there..." the campus obviously needed only security. Some of us remember the foolishness that occurred many years ago like playing games with cars or golf carts all night on the golf course across the street, or even skinny-dipping in the pool. Our top-echelon of leadership remembers, except those brought in from outside so they are clean. And they have only done that once, and isn't it interesting they are still doing his programs. That's for a reason I assure you. But times have changed and "security" is now performed by those who end up in it, not those who are trained, state-certified police officers. Violent crime near campus begs for real solutions, not standing at the boundary and watching like you used to, scared to death to get involved, because our students live there. Sure, it's HCSO and TPD territory, but in most major cities the campus cops work with the locals in those off campus areas. As for our leadership, it took a nose-dive two years ago. Chubby never did anything for us. The new positions were already in the works and handed to him to make him look competent by another has been. He wasn't even around much but not because he did "chief things" like his predecessor. Chubby wasn't worth a shit and we all knew it, but sucked up to him anyway because he owned Visot, and he could be a vindictive asshole. Well that's all over now. Lets see what they do now. They should run a national search.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12