Who got the call? - Page 31
Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    He may be a good guy but none of the 28 people in front of him were good? Aren't blacks embarrassed when this happens. Do they realize this affirmative action crap actually undermines them?
    Get off his back. They can pick ANYONE who made the list. Shame on you for not knowing him well enough to have to resort to that line of crap. He's always been a good cop, and deserves it.

Unregistered
    Just go back to a non ranked list...the rule of 5 is unfair and has become politicized. If you want to destroy further, keep doing promotions this way.

Unregistered
    Get off his back. They can pick ANYONE who made the list. Shame on you for not knowing him well enough to have to resort to that line of crap. He's always been a good cop, and deserves it.
    You need to read my post again. This has nothing to do with him and you're right, I don't know him but I've heard good things since asking around. But this is not about him. It's about skipping 28 others who somehow studied harder and did better. I know they CAN pick anyone but SHOULD THEY pick anyone? I had no idea who he was or even what race he was. I've never heard of "Glenn Ritchie" and I've been here a long time. My first question to someone was "what special skill does he have?" They answered that he was a "black guy" and it's an election year. That is sad and it's not fair to him or anyone.
    Why do we have a ranking? They should go back to to pass/fail and do whatever they want. That's actually more fair to those who are promoted so that they aren't assumed to be affirmative action picks. Now go ahead and call me racist for speaking the truth. But you know I'm right.

Unregistered
    He may be a good guy but none of the 28 people in front of him were good? Aren't blacks embarrassed when this happens. Do they realize this affirmative action crap actually undermines them?
    No. They arent embarressed. Remember they are "owed" everything since hundreds of years ago blacks were slaves.

Unregistered

So what your saying

Number 4,5....and boom 30 Glenn Ritchie
    So he was probably #60 originally...correct

That's why I'm not taking the next exam...it's BS and I'm the wrong color

Unregistered
    All you big babies need to shut up. This is the bottom line;

1) If you didn't take test, you have absolutely no right in complaining about anything. If you hate what's going on, take the test, get in the top and make a difference. If you're too scared to take it, you have no right complaining.

2) If you did take the test, and you're getting skipped at this point, too bad. Next time, study harder and don't come out in the 30's and expect to be promoted. We are in unprecedented times due to mass retirements that's forcing BSO to promote a large amount of people off a list. If you've been here for a while, you know that "normal" lists only end up promoting around 5-8. Sometimes none, sometimes only 2. This is a rarety and to be honest with you, if you're not in the top 10, you're probably not the best candidate for being promoted. For those that are the best and just happened to not do so well, that's why the rule of 5 exists.

Bottom line, work hard to attain the top score and get promoted. If not, or you refuse to make a difference and take the test, shut up.

Unregistered

1) If you didn't take test, you have absolutely no right in complaining about anything. If you hate what's going on, take the test, get in the top and make a difference. If you're too scared to take it, you have no right complaining.

2) If you did take the test, and you're getting skipped at this point, too bad. Next time, study harder and don't come out in the 30's and expect to be promoted. We are in unprecedented times due to mass retirements that's forcing BSO to promote a large amount of people off a list. If you've been here for a while, you know that "normal" lists only end up promoting around 5-8. Sometimes none, sometimes only 2. This is a rarety and to be honest with you, if you're not in the top 10, you're probably not the best candidate for being promoted. For those that are the best and just happened to not do so well, that's why the rule of 5 exists.

Bottom line, work hard to attain the top score and get promoted. If not, or you refuse to make a difference and take the test, shut up.
    Im sorry but who are you again?..high scoring people were passed over...and continue to be. Also..on a list of 100s, 30 is high

Unregistered

You're wrong on so many things. People are routinely getting skipped for minority promotions, not just people in the 30's.
    Every list for the last 20 years has had multiple promotions, not just a few.
    And you counter your own argument by saying people should work harder and study harder. Why, so they can be skipped for a minority?

Unregistered
    So he was probably #60 originally...correct

That's why I'm not taking the next exam...it's BS and I'm the wrong color

He was 64 on the list and there were other people that were non white, including a female, ahead of him. Was he selected due to race? Perhaps, perhaps not. Were others? Probably. If you were 10 on the list, not under IA investigation, hated by the Boss, or possibly inadequate for the position, you'd have been called a long time ago. People in the high 30's may have lost their slot due to the Sheriff's pick, and that may not seem fair, but you can't change that unless it gets changed in the contract. Get vocal and encourage change. In the mean time, either study up and do better, or just suck it up. Perhaps the Sheriff has future plans for Glenn and needs him on the road as soon as possible, like Torok.

I'm happy for Glenn, and will take the next test and do better than I did this time around.

Unregistered

Exactly

No. They arent embarressed. Remember they are "owed" everything since hundreds of years ago blacks were slaves.
    YES! We ARE owed everything and MORE!! WE(blacks) were slaves that basically built this country AFTER being violently captured! You(whites) feel you are ENTITLED and supposed to be given everything! Not surprised this ignorant piece of crap would be posted. STFU

Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast