Where to start making changes

Unregistered

Where to start making changes

Most of these transfers are just rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic.
    What captains and above (unprotected) need to leave? Seriously. Not just who may be an a-hole or who you don't like but people who are incompetent and or killing morale. Command actually reads this stuff. Start listing them.

Unregistered
    Rudy N is at the top of that list but they'll probably just let him retire in June.

Unregistered

Tattoo the berman

It's amazing that this fool has been so quiet with the iupa takeover. Rumor has it that he got a tattoo of a penis on his bald hooker diseased head and is moving back to Staten Island with Russ the ground zero coward

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's amazing that this fool has been so quiet with the iupa takeover. Rumor has it that he got a tattoo of a penis on his bald hooker diseased head and is moving back to Staten Island with Russ the ground zero coward
    We would only be so lucky if all the New Yawkas went back. Ughh....good riddance.

Unregistered
    Rudy N is at the top of that list but they'll probably just let him retire in June.
    I second this, hopefully TI become the next Capt and the swamp can be drained.

Unregistered
    I second this, hopefully TI become the next Capt and the swamp can be drained.
    "Swamp can be drained". As I read this post, I imagined the writer watching media posts about other political agendas and just parroting the same words. Most of you that post on this blog have facebook and are members of other social media sites. Most dont know what work is, they have never worked a day in there life. I do not know Capt N or TI nor do I care at this point. I know that we have become an agency of bitterness and want to get ahead sucking up to the bosses rather than good ole fashion hard work. I know I said the "w" word. Believe me, I am now in a place that even the Capt doesnt care what is going on unless it effects moral or we get a complaint. I have a long career still ahead and who knows maybe I will finish but damn it guys and gals stop with the bs and just work.

Unregistered
    "Swamp can be drained". As I read this post, I imagined the writer watching media posts about other political agendas and just parroting the same words. Most of you that post on this blog have facebook and are members of other social media sites. Most dont know what work is, they have never worked a day in there life. I do not know Capt N or TI nor do I care at this point. I know that we have become an agency of bitterness and want to get ahead sucking up to the bosses rather than good ole fashion hard work. I know I said the "w" word. Believe me, I am now in a place that even the Capt doesnt care what is going on unless it effects moral or we get a complaint. I have a long career still ahead and who knows maybe I will finish but damn it guys and gals stop with the bs and just work.

"Most dont know what work is, they have never worked a day in there life."

Please oh please tell us what "real" work is. Tell me how you know what hard work is and how MOST of us have no idea. Can't wait to hear this load of garbage lol.

Unregistered
    Agree and what a shame. But I guess he cant get anymore vindictive than he has been so yes, he will ride it out until June. The sheriff got himself re elected, it would be a nice gesture if he cleaned house and got rid of these type captains and show us he actually cares about us. We've tolerated this type of leadership (?) for too long!

Unregistered
    In all candor, I would settle for an honest vision and mission. Not something based on politics. If the next 4 years will continue to pander to everything and everyone except public safety, then I think we deserve to be told. Currently, operations and putting out a great product is so far down the list that it can't be seen. Most everything we do is half-assed and smoke and mirrors. The majority of what we do has no substance. For example (and this us not picking on the folks that work hard in these areas, as most have no abilty to change things): HR- is very ineffective. They are slow and hire candidates that are sub-par. Good candidates are either not hired because trying to reflect the community comes before hiring quality, or candidates just can't wait for almost a year to be offered a job. The same high ranking positions are being filled, multiple times, with inept inqualified people. To continue doing so, expecting success, is insanity. One can only conclude that success or producing a quality product comes second to a vote. Some of these hires are not only unqualified, they are being arrested! Again, after almost 5 years, I assume this is nothing less than acceptable. Sworn staff still qualify at the same hot mosquito infested embarrassment of a range, as they did 30 years ago?? An economically reasonable deal could be made with one of the many multi-million dollar ranges in the county very easily. But wed rather just call someone a pu$&@ if the topic is raised. Compared to our neighboring departments, its humiliating- yet our training division is a self proclaimed national model for all to emulate?? Those poor folks in communication are hanging on by a thread and the jail is still trying to teach the proper way to handcuff and shackle, with a leader whose referred to as a ghost?? I guess thats ok too, right?? I left out Fire and DLE because im getting tired of typing. BSO clearly has the internal talent and potential to be recognized nationally for its innovation and accomplishments. We have been before. Although currently we are recognized nationally, its not for anything to be proud of. If the sheriff doesnt use his God given ability to personally assess his agency, and quit listening to people who are more interested in exploiting their positions and enriching their consulting gigs out of state, then we will remain adrift with no rutter. I have hope now that the election is over. But as of today, its business as usual.

Be safe everyone.

Unregistered
    Agree and what a shame. But I guess he cant get anymore vindictive than he has been so yes, he will ride it out until June. The sheriff got himself re elected, it would be a nice gesture if he cleaned house and got rid of these type captains and show us he actually cares about us. We've tolerated this type of leadership (?) for too long!
    Can't get anymore vindictive....really!?!? I have never worked for the person mentioned, however I can tell u that I have worked for someone in this situation. When someone is a short timer and hasn't been reeled in they have a tendency to become more vindictive. After all what's going to happen, they get asked to leave a little earlier than they wanted, probably not. bc they will just ride it out the last few months. So, if u r on the naughty list, and don't deserve to b, it could b a rough couple of months.