Looking to bring CrossFit to Venice, FL

Unregistered

Looking to bring CrossFit to Venice, FL

Hello all,

My name is Tom Meehan, owner of CrossFit Tumultus. I am currently in the process of separating from the US Air Force where I served as a TACP/JTAC, completing two combat deployments to Afghanistan. My latest deployment, in 2014, wound up being featured in a 6 part documentary, The Fighting Season, directed by Ricky Schroder. Prior to my military service, I served as a civilian Police Officer in Alexandria, VA for 3.5 years.

As my final day in the military draws near, my goal is to relocate my current affiliate from Ft. Bragg, NC to the Venice, FL area. With my current time line, I am hoping to be established in early December, January at the latest. I've been coaching the CrossFit methodology for approximately 7.5 years and am confident in my abilities of bringing increased health and wellness to the area.

With my background, I fully understand the rigorous demands of law enforcement and common injuries/pains that come with it - knee pain, lower back pain, shoulder pain, etc. I have dealt with all these issues in the past and still deal with some today. There's a common perception that CrossFit is nothing but intense workouts that tend to cause injury. However, my approach is very different, as I refuse to let anyone do any exercise with intensity until proper body mechanics can be performed consistently. In short, intensity is earned, not forced.

I would be very interested to hear from you in terms of your interest in the CrossFit program as well as personal training goals you may have. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Tom

tumultusathletics@gmail.com
    www.tumultusathletics.com

Unregistered
    Venice has one of the oldest populations in the United States. It seems like everybody is about 70 to 90 years old, so it's going to be hard to get them to join crossfit. Here's an article on it. The east coast has a much younger population that is into fitness. Good luck in your endeavor.