Main problem denominator is Lewis - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

No Apologies Required..

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    AND THOSE WHO DON'T LEARN FROM THE PAST ARE CONDEMNED TO LIVE IT OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER.......................

Damn it Stephanie that is the big picture of the department!
    Your view seems to be that what you have experienced is just a problem that is isolated to just this administration.

IT'S NOT!!!!

I don't know how long you have lived here, but this shit has been going on for two and a half ****ing decades at the department.

Sorry to jump your shit, but you hit a real sour note with your comment about not caring about the past.
    Point Taken, we absolutely should learn from the past so we don't repeat it. I did not say I didn't care about the past, I just accept that we cannot undo the past. I concede, T Lewis was the mentor and as such his legacy lives on.. and that legacy may very well be part of the big picture of the department. I don't know, I do know he no longer holds the reins so we need to take on what we have today. what we cannot do, is prosecute T Lewis.. he is gone, he clearly is our history. What we can do is take on the status quo and it may take us two and half decades to do so... but we can change the future and undo his mark on the PD.

I was born and raised in Sarasota, moved to No Po in 2004. Honestly, until Dec 2013, I never paid much attention to what was going on in the PD. All I know, I was a blind believer that only good men and women wore blue.. who would have dreamt that a LIEutenant would flat ass LIE to cover the thuggery of these officers. It wasn't the first time the game was played, I want to be part of the change that ensures we stop the behavior from continuing...

I appreciate your directness, frankness and passion..I am not offended, nor do I need any apology. =)

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    Point Taken, we absolutely should learn from the past so we don't repeat it. I did not say I didn't care about the past, I just accept that we cannot undo the past. I concede, T Lewis was the mentor and as such his legacy lives on.. and that legacy may very well be part of the big picture of the department. I don't know, I do know he no longer holds the reins so we need to take on what we have today. what we cannot do, is prosecute T Lewis.. he is gone, he clearly is our history. What we can do is take on the status quo and it may take us two and half decades to do so... but we can change the future and undo his mark on the PD.

I was born and raised in Sarasota, moved to No Po in 2004. Honestly, until Dec 2013, I never paid much attention to what was going on in the PD. All I know, I was a blind believer that only good men and women wore blue.. who would have dreamt that a LIEutenant would flat ass LIE to cover the thuggery of these officers. It wasn't the first time the game was played, I want to be part of the change that ensures we stop the behavior from continuing...

I appreciate your directness, frankness and passion..I am not offended, nor do I need any apology. =)

I have to agree with the previous writer. I was with the department for nearly 30 years and have watched it go down the *&(&^%hole for a very long time. Vespia was the one the ended up pushing the plunger and flushing down our once great reputation. NPPD used to be a wonderful place to work, we were a tight family. Good riddens to bad rubbish.

PS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12