Patrol Rifles

Thread: Patrol Rifles

Unregistered

Patrol Rifles

How many A-men are qualified to carry an AR-15. Has anyone been issued one or has everyone bought their own. Has anyone had a bad experience or issue when carrying one?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    How many A-men are qualified to carry an AR-15. Has anyone been issued one or has everyone bought their own. Has anyone had a bad experience or issue when carrying one?
    Very few of us are qualified to carry one. In my Troop I think there are only three. None of us have been issued one, the ones who have them bought their own, had them approved, and went to the rifle school with the personally-owned rifles. Nobody that I have heard of has had a bad experience, but just like with the full-time Troopers, it stays in the trunk 99.9 percent of the time. In the entire time I've had mine (several years) I've brought it out of the trunk twice. With the Chargers though, theres not enough room in the trunk for all of the Trooper's gear and my rifle, so I haven't brought it out on patrol with the Troopers I ride with since they got new cars.