9mm coming
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 9mm coming

Unregistered

9mm coming

Just informed by our LT that the new calibre of pistol will be 9mm and only Glocks, H&K, Sig and Smith will be only authorized choices. Transition will be 18 months and you will NOT be grandfathered in.

Unregistered
    At least you guys have a choice of some good guns... Up here in Hillsborough we are forced to carry issued FNH FNS-9's... So far, not many of us like them... We went from Glock 22's (40 Cal) back to 9's...

Unregistered
    Not gonna happen. Your Lt is an ass-hat.

Unregistered
    This was actually mentioned in training the other day, but unoffically. I can not confirm or deny!

Unregistered

nut a rumor

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not gonna happen. Your Lt is an ass-hat.
    heard from Major, and confirmed in Pompano roll call this morning

Unregistered
    Ive been carrying my primary snd backup for 14 years. If no grandfathered guns tgen they can purchase me 2 new ones.

Unregistered
    Recent FBI study found 9mm made agents significantly more accurate and faster. The 9mm shells also move faster than 45s, meaning they produce a more forceful stopping power than 45s (despite beliefs to the contrary). That's why FBI is mandating 9mm as their only approved handgun. Hey, if it will make me a better shot and it will better take down the bad guy if I have to use it, I'll switch.

Unregistered
    heard from Major, and confirmed in Pompano roll call this morning
    Sadly mistaken with bad info then. Unless the agency purchases the guns, they can not mandate you to make this purchase.

Unregistered

As long as

Sadly mistaken with bad info then. Unless the agency purchases the guns, they can not mandate you to make this purchase.
    Goodeeee, As long as I get to keep my sporty SWAT looking outervest, ball cap and all green uniforms that's fantastic!!!

Unregistered
    Yes, I heard it too. Are they going to use the saved money to actually get us a facility to shoot at? No, that wouldn't get votes.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast