benefits
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: benefits

Unregistered

benefits

Just curious what kind of benefits State employees get, what company is health insurance through? How much does the employee pay towards it? Also when you get hired how soon until you get a car? Do you get one after FTO or right away? When will north Florida be hiring again?

Unregistered
    Theres a variety of health plans o choose from you can find it all on the website. If your sworn you get a car on day one, and it will be a nice car maybe with high miles, but it will be nice.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Just curious what kind of benefits State employees get, what company is health insurance through? How much does the employee pay towards it? Also when you get hired how soon until you get a car? Do you get one after FTO or right away? When will north Florida be hiring again?
    BCBS is the state provider. You may be able to pick a HMO depending on where you live. Cost is the same for both - 45.00 a week for family coverage, the state pays the rest for now. Less for singles. Cars are assigned from the start. For now. It would have to consult a fortune teller to predict open slots. At any given time, half the agency is looking for something better. Word of caution. Don't take this job based on current benefits. Every time the legislature meets your job and benefits are on the chopping block.

Unregistered
    Is it just me or do the agents seem to get stuck with beater cars and the inspectors get the nice stuff? Why is that?

Unregistered
    Is it just me or do the agents seem to get stuck with beater cars and the inspectors get the nice stuff? Why is that?
    They do more work.

Unregistered
    What do your agents get and what do your inspectors get? And they they same, but some are just newer?

Unregistered
    I donno what happens in your offices but our inspectors are all in impalas 2006 or older. Out agents are all in a variety of cars with the majority being newer than 2009

Unregistered
    What do your agents get and what do your inspectors get? And they they same, but some are just newer?
    Inspectors get agent hand-me-downs.
    All vehicles are purchased on a cost basis. The cheaper the car the more likely to be in inventory. We don't buy police package cars anymore, so you will see a wide variety.

Unregistered
    Although i HATE the nissans i love the suvs and trucks. We really dont need police package cars sibce were not first responders so this was a great decision. Although they should stay away from the nissans!

Unregistered
    Although i HATE the nissans i love the suvs and trucks. We really dont need police package cars sibce were not first responders so this was a great decision. Although they should stay away from the nissans!
    Never forget everything supplied to you was the result of the lowest bid. We had Pintos and Chevettes at one time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast