Dispatch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dispatch

Commo OT

Dispatch

Sooo Im tired of hiring people complain Communications is understaffed. New fiscal year when will our agency finally hire some new faces in commo. I've seen applications up 10-15 times in the past two months.

Signed,

Tired of hearing commo complain about OT.

Unregistered
    That's nice, but considering it takes 3-4 months just to get hired after applying, another 2 months to go through the training academy, and at least a month sitting on the floor with a trainer to be signed off to take calls, it's gonna take half the fiscal year just to see any relief of overtime...assuming no one else retires ot separates. And that's certainly not gonna let up in the near future.

It's gonna be a long time until we make any significant headway on the shortages.

Unregistered
    Just look at how much seniority your gonna have.

You will be burnt out, but Rich in O.T.

Stop complaining and get back in that chair.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    That's nice, but considering it takes 3-4 months just to get hired after applying, another 2 months to go through the training academy, and at least a month sitting on the floor with a trainer to be signed off to take calls, it's gonna take half the fiscal year just to see any relief of overtime...assuming no one else retires ot separates. And that's certainly not gonna let up in the near future.

It's gonna be a long time until we make any significant headway on the shortages.
    3 months? I know people in the hiring process 6 months to 12 months.

Get real.

Unregistered
    first they need to find dispatchers that know how to speak proper English and don't sound like they have a mouth full of marbles. oh, and there aint no "x" in ask

Unregistered
    first they need to find dispatchers that know how to speak proper English and don't sound like they have a mouth full of marbles. oh, and there aint no "x" in ask

What side of the skreet are you from? if I may axk

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Commo OT View Post
    Sooo Im tired of hiring people complain Communications is understaffed. New fiscal year when will our agency finally hire some new faces in commo. I've seen applications up 10-15 times in the past two months.

Signed,

Tired of hearing commo complain about OT.
    There are lots of applicants but not all can pass the CritiCall test. That is the problem. I am hoping to ace it tomorrow.

Unregistered
    What side of the skreet are you from? if I may axk
    What side of da skreet is you from? If I may axk.

Unregistered

Real Bright

Now Go ask ya mammy what shade means, when ya tryin ta be slick jackassz! And attempting to throw it... Skreet x dat!!

Unregistered
    There are lots of applicants but not all can pass the CritiCall test. That is the problem. I am hoping to ace it tomorrow.
    Good luck. Once you complete that then you are headed for a psych test. Once you pass the test then you have an oral board.

Then you wait forever for background investigations to grab your file and get to work. After that drug test and you are done.

Total hiring time 6-12 months.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast