Collusion - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Collusion

Member LEO Affairs Rookie

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is where you look crazy, irrelevant, and uninformed: A "Senior Deputy" is not a great position of trust in the ECSO, it just means the person has been employed for a while. No testing, no further weeding out, just time and a modest amount of training. When you harp on a detail like that it just makes you seem like you're grabbing the first thing possible and holding on because it makes you feel like you've found a relevant fact.

Since you know little to nothing about law enforcement, let me tell you something you obviously don't know: Sometimes things are said by victims, witnesses, and suspects that is never corroborated by evidence because it was lost, erased, or never existed.

If someone says that you once had a family photo taken and now that photo can not be found does it mean it never happened or that you're lying?
    2 things I take from your above correction
    1. A "Senior Deputy" is not a great position of trust in the ECSO--Is that what the public needs to know that deputy or "senior deputy" is "not a great position of trust in the ECSO". I thought every law enforcement officer carried some measure of trust. So you are saying that isn't true? And that moving up in the ranks, does not represent a higher sense of responsibility or trust? So what if there was no extra testing etc.? He held a position that had a differing title than simply deputy which implies, a rising to the top of betterment. Any OTHER place of employment, if you get a higher position or a better title, it tells others you are better than average. Hence the adage "the cream rises to the top".

2. You just told on your boss. It is well documented the acknowledgement of video and/or pictures of Smith with engaging in less than stellar behavior. So that evidence no longer exists? In the Sheriff's custody? Really? So eliminating the fact the "family photo" was never taken........ Nice work...I think you just made my case.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Escambia Gladiator View Post
    2 things I take from your above correction
    1. A "Senior Deputy" is not a great position of trust in the ECSO--Is that what the public needs to know that deputy or "senior deputy" is "not a great position of trust in the ECSO". I thought every law enforcement officer carried some measure of trust. So you are saying that isn't true? And that moving up in the ranks, does not represent a higher sense of responsibility or trust? So what if there was no extra testing etc.? He held a position that had a differing title than simply deputy which implies, a rising to the top of betterment. Any OTHER place of employment, if you get a higher position or a better title, it tells others you are better than average. Hence the adage "the cream rises to the top".

2. You just told on your boss. It is well documented the acknowledgement of video and/or pictures of Smith with engaging in less than stellar behavior. So that evidence no longer exists? In the Sheriff's custody? Really? So eliminating the fact the "family photo" was never taken........ Nice work...I think you just made my case.
    Senior Deputy is not "up in the ranks". It is not "to the top", and is no different than DS, except that one has been there longer. If you like "better titles" how bout you just take the title of "Senior Crazy Lady". Does that make you feel better? It's not a promotion, it just shows you've been crazy for a long time.

How does "you can't prove a negative" prove your point?

He's never getting out.

Unregistered
    The ranking of a deputy can be synonymous with his/her laziness. The more prestigious their title, the slower and more worthless they become.

For the silly lady who thinks she is really doing anything wonderful, a deputy can advance in steps through out their career, prior to the next actual rank of Sergeant. The rank of Sergeant is deemed a promotion but the topic involves career merit increases so a Deputy First class, Senior Deputy and Master Deputy fall within the topic. Each advancement requires a minimum of time employed and an additional 200 training hours for each step. So after 7 years of employment and an additional 200 hours of training, you become a Deputy First Class and receive a 5% merit pay raise. This merit advancement cannot be taken from you since it is NOT a promotion. Actual ranks like Sergeant and Lieutenant can as a form of discipline but that is for extreme cases and not the subject here.

So to sum everything up, the rank designation prior to Sergeant is just a merit of time served. Trust me, just because there is a special title doesn't mean they aren't dumb and lazy.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The ranking of a deputy can be synonymous with his/her laziness. The more prestigious their title, the slower and more worthless they become.

For the silly lady who thinks she is really doing anything wonderful, a deputy can advance in steps through out their career, prior to the next actual rank of Sergeant. The rank of Sergeant is deemed a promotion but the topic involves career merit increases so a Deputy First class, Senior Deputy and Master Deputy fall within the topic. Each advancement requires a minimum of time employed and an additional 200 training hours for each step. So after 7 years of employment and an additional 200 hours of training, you become a Deputy First Class and receive a 5% merit pay raise. This merit advancement cannot be taken from you since it is NOT a promotion. Actual ranks like Sergeant and Lieutenant can as a form of discipline but that is for extreme cases and not the subject here.

So to sum everything up, the rank designation prior to Sergeant is just a merit of time served. Trust me, just because there is a special title doesn't mean they aren't dumb and lazy.
    Gee Eric it's nice to know what you really think about us. I hope I'm here to watch you lose your job.

Unregistered
    Back to the original topic it seems like to me after watching that video that the victim reported there was video or pictures.That doesn't mean they were ever found or that they really exist. Wait for trial and see the evidence sounds smart to me instead of all the ranting and accusations.

Member LEO Affairs Rookie

Hmmm

I agree. It is interesting what you think of your deputies. Why do you have lazy and dumb officers who have no importance throughout the levels of law enforcement? Isn't that your job, Chief, to hold your officers to a standard of excellence that is worthy of the trust of people in Escambia County?

You aren't mall cops. Lazy and dumb are happening on your watch, Chief. Have you been educated in leadership? This is from Forbes Magazine 2012. This is an excellent example that applies if you are the manager at McDonalds or you run a conglomerate.

Here are 5 behaviors for leaders and hiring managers to adopt when struggling to keep employees happy and loyal:
    1) Tell the truth.
    Not everyone is a star. Pick out those with leadership or other valued talent potential and nurture them. This will come back to the business as these individuals, in turn, nurture other workers.
    2) Communicate roles and responsibilities.
    Provide a path to success not only for those with leadership promise but for all employees. Sometimes this will mean difficult changes, but remember the most important skill of a leader: never surprise an employee with bad news. Have a development plan for all, and a get-well plan for those whose performance lags. Make sure everyone knows the plan.
    3) Create a workplace culture that values real people relationships
    For many employees, workgroup relationships and relationships between managers and workers drive engagement and loyalty more effectively than foosball machines, logo T-shirts, and Thirsty Thursday gatherings.
    4) Be fair and open.
    This does not mean treat everyone equally – it means have transparent processes for managing and leading. Employees are more likely to respond positively to change when the process used to manage change is fair.
    5) Model the behaviors you seek.
    Just as the headmaster at the high school did, accept your responsibility as a leader and act with engagement, commitment and responsibility. Do this every day.
    Each of us possesses skills, strengths, talents and flaws. Each of us seeks to belong, to be engaged, to relate to those around us. Loyalty is built on relationships, shared understanding and trust. Engagement and commitment require loyalty, shared goals and fair treatment. Don’t take loyalty and engagement for granted – create a remarkable culture where there are possible and rewarding outcomes of the workplace.

We are only human after all – Every one of us. Every leader. Every brand. Every workplace. Every person

Or, let's get back to basics. Sun Tzu, 300 BC
    1) “The Moral Law” = Determine goals, and just as important, why those are the goals, then determine what kind of workplace culture or “moral law” is necessary to achieve those goals
    2) “Heaven” = Read outside factors and influences – which might hurt or help your chances of achieving these goals.
    3) “Earth = Develop a “real-world” game plan to navigate your vision through the circumstances it faces, good or bad.
    4) “The Commander” = That’s you, whether you like it or not. Sun Tzu’s list of great leadership traits is timeless: Be sincere, be kind, be courageous, be wise – but lay down the law when you have to.
    5) “Method and Discipline”= Surround yourself with a team you respect, and that respects you. Just as important, make sure the infrastructure is in place for everyone to communicate and get things done efficiently.

Now going back to the real issue, hypothetically, what if I had a statement that the video, the one with the gunbelt, from an employee dealing with intial complaint or maybe a family member who was there when the phone was turned over to ECSO personnel in their presence? How would you justify the fact that evidence being in the "chain of custody" of the ECSO and now "doesn't exist"

Would you say your employees are so inept that they would deny justice to underage girls who were defiled by sexual predators, including their mother? Would your agency be that callous? You say you are a man of God. Where is the justice in this? Or would you say your officers are so unqualified as to not be able to protect the most innocent of people in your charge?

Please, explain to me, hypothetically how a screw up this big would be allowed, intentional or unintentionally? This reflects on the leadership, ie you and Sir David. You talk about the offender and waiting for the trial. I am talking about the victims. Are you saying you choose a grown man who repeatedly (more than one charge) accused of molesting teenage girls over the forever scarred girls who will never trust authority figures again? You lost sight of your obligation to them. You have no obligation to him, but you do to them.

Can Escambia County residents feel like they are protected when there is either Barney Fife leadership or predatory leadership?
    Last edited by Escambia Gladiator; 10-07-2015 at 11:01 AM.

Unregistered
    You are wasting your time trying to make a point with Haines, it's useless. He is a religious person who bends the bible to fit what he believes is right or wrong. He's stood on the back ramp area of the sheriffs office on many occasions and talked about which women he wanted to "cornhole". He's never been assigned to any investigative unit and was a mediocre supervisor. He complained about others before him that he eventually got rid of and replaced. He ignores violations of rules and laws by people that benefit him and destroys those that he decides he has no use for. He's a coward and a liar plain and simple. Argue with someone else that actually has a conscience.

Unregistered

Yep

Haines stated that if he finds out that a deputy was being flirty with anybody even on the beach that that deputy would be fired. How many deputies have met people on the beach then met them after shift to do who knows what? He says they should all be fired

Unregistered
    It was ok for him to critique the female employees of the SO to see which ones he wanted to "cornhole" though. A time will come when Morgan gets his ass handed to him because of sexual discrimination and harassment.

Unregistered
    I'd be willing to bet that Haines himself has done the very same thing he wants to fire others for. Oh, wait nevermind. I forgot that he is a PCC cult member and above all that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast