New Majors - Page 9
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: New Majors

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    In a large state agency such as FHP, for far too many years, race was used to make egregious unjustified promotions. Perhaps someone is finally realizing that many who had been being promoted were TOTALLY UNQUALIFIED.

There is absolutely no justification for, as you stated, "...more diversity in the senior command ranks..." if that person is UNQUALIFIED. Race, gender, nationality, etc SHOULD HAVE NOTING TO DO WITH WHO IS PROMOTED.

Also some of those nascent "major" appointments were disingenuous and embarrassing--The lack of a degree from a a regionally accredited college by too many of the new majors, is outrageous. A minimum of a bachelors degree (and not from a mail-order, nor correspondence college) from a regionally accredited college is required for these positions. And, there are many employees who do have the academic qualifications and were passed over.

Frankly, these days, Majors and above should have Masters Degrees, again, from academically respected regionally accredited colleges such as UF, USF, UNF, Stetson, Rollins, Eckerd, Florida Southern, FAU, etc. I have purposely excluded from the "approved" list of example colleges places like the racist FAMU, and Bethone C, because most academics know they those places are "academic jokes."
    You say "for far too many years race was used to make egregious unjustified promotions." I totally agree! This agency has been around for over 75 years and well, you do the math Mr. Intellect. 99.9 percent of those egregious promotions were white males! Your logic is totally flawed! Unless of course you are implying that all minorities promotions were unjustified?

Unregistered
    It still should have been some diversity with senior commanders though. Perception is reality. Minorities don't have a chance now. Those guys will take care of their own. He's a colonel now and he should have known that! Again, unless you're a white male don't waste your time with command promotions. A few token captains I not acceptable!
    That's half the problem , we need qualified people regardless of race, and when I see Affirmative Action and Diversity as the solution we are doomed for failure, only minorities will fight for these 2 injustices to fair a quality over racial appointments.

Unregistered
    That's half the problem , we need qualified people regardless of race, and when I see Affirmative Action and Diversity as the solution we are doomed for failure, only minorities will fight for these 2 injustices to fair a quality over racial appointments.
    What are you say here? This post makes no sense.

Unregistered
    I don't give a shit who promotes or demotes. At the end of the month, I will still getting 2100 after taxes and work midnight and holidays. Until the new colonel changes that paycheck, he will still be like the rest, full of smoke. I'm not planning to promote so it doesn't matter who does to me. I'm working off duty on my day off to survive. Screw this agency, I will leave as soon as I pass the background with the S.O. 9 years wasted here
    The colonel does not have the power to give us a raise. It's up to the state legislature and the governor.

Unregistered
    The colonel does not have the power to give us a raise. It's up to the state legislature and the governor.
    He has the power to influence a pay raise by talking to legislators. Brierton never went out of his way to help us with a raise, he made everything look fine and dandy with the legislators.

Unregistered
    You say "for far too many years race was used to make egregious unjustified promotions." I totally agree! This agency has been around for over 75 years and well, you do the math Mr. Intellect. 99.9 percent of those egregious promotions were white males! Your logic is totally flawed! Unless of course you are implying that all minorities promotions were unjustified?
    I know of multiple white males in the 80's and 90's who weren't hired because a black female applied who was less qualified. So by that alone the problem started look at j Freeman WHAT A POOR EXCUSE FOR A HUMAN BEING. she was the most prejudiced person on the patrol.

Unregistered
    I know of multiple white males in the 80's and 90's who weren't hired because a black female applied who was less qualified. So by that alone the problem started look at j Freeman WHAT A POOR EXCUSE FOR A HUMAN BEING. she was the most prejudiced person on the patrol.
    You're full of it! Every class has always been 70 - 100% white males. Oh and by the way, for every, as you say Jackie Freeman, I can name 20 white males that fit that poor excuse prejudiced category! You sir, is an uninformed racist!

Unregistered

You need to know a little more history about FHP. During the 80’s the FHP was under a decree by the DOJ because of discrimination hiring practices that affected the hiring of monitories.

Do your homework!!

Yes, we hire idiots, those who lack common scense and some who lack ethics in all races, not just blacks or Hispanics, but also white males and females.

We have them in all races, just like bigots.

Unregistered
    You need to know a little more history about FHP. During the 80’s the FHP was under a decree by the DOJ because of discrimination hiring practices that affected the hiring of monitories.

Do your homework!!

Yes, we hire idiots, those who lack common scense and some who lack ethics in all races, not just blacks or Hispanics, but also white males and females.

We have them in all races, just like bigots.
    You are spot on! Ignorance and stupidity does not discriminate!

Unregistered
    What are monitories?

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast