Thanks to
trustee Gray when he was Pension Board Chairman , he violated the Florida Sunshine Law and trespassed a retiree from meetings, because he ( Trustee Gray ) had A PERSONAL VENDETTA against the retiree. It cost our fund over $300,000.00 dollars to settle this grudge, including $15,000.00 to the retiree, even though the Statute does not provide for monetary award to a plaintiff. THE RETIREE GOT A $15,000.00 gift from all of us due to Trustee Grays vengeance and the Board having to clear up his mess , a real smart move on Grays part.
I think I might start going to those meetings and maybe I can get violated and be able to capitalize on it.
It took a majority of Board members to vote to GIVE away our money because of this buffoon who was Chairman at the time. It was nothing more than RANSOM payment to bail the Board out of paying out more of our money because of a few buffoons ; ie Trustees Gray, Griner, Previous Plan Administrator, and interim Plan Attorney .
Any more of these foolish antics will not help keep OUR contributions down.
It is fortunate that the present plan Attorney is clearing up ALL the law suits that he inherited and MAYBE if he can advise the BUFFOONS to not violate laws in the future, our fund will continue to prosper. Our Pension Plan is most likely the best funded and the best Plan in the Nation.
Lets hope it stays that way.