Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
So we have eliminated the managerial Lieutenant roles and replaced them with a more supervisory Police. No shared changes at the team level or Admin level, so I am assuming we identified the LT role as being the root cause of the PD issues..

We have made significant investment of time, dollars and loss of experience to implement the new structure. What are the SMART (Specific.Measureable.Achievable.Relevant.Timely) objectives that we are striving to improve with all of this investment. What is the expected Return on the Investment? I am trying to correlate the changes back to the original problems many of us were concerned about. Are the changes merely semantics and pay cuts... of course not. So what are the Specific NPPD issues that will be resolved by instituting these costly changes? How will we know when we achieved them?

-- How will the structure changes help the issues we are seeing with the K9 team.. no change in leadership that I could decipher.

-- Which changes will ensure the Explorers program is recruiting future LEOs and not using them for less honorable recruitment?

-- How will the LT / Police Commander role changes improve the morale of the officers who serve the City?

-- How will the changes affect the way we treat the mentally ill and their families?
Well you could not have been more wrong here. The problems you speak of did not have anything to do with the Lieutenants, it has to do with the Chief. This whole process has been in the making for almost 3 years. It was done to pull Lt's out of the collective bargaining unit and make them at will. To lower salaries and have complete control (scape goats). The CPSM original draft shows the lies and deception here. This has nothing to do with K9, Explorers, or the mentally ill. This is all just a smoke screen for the King to flex his muscles.