Businesses That Refuse Service Or Benefits to LEOs - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sysop
    http://www.leoaffairs.com/news/flori...mployee-fired/

“Hell no, I’m not serving them!” Florida officers refused service at Tropical Smoothie Café

Lake Alfred Police Officer Adam Leatherberry and another officer went to get food Sunday at Tropical Smoothie Café in downtown Winter Haven, Florida.

One of the staff members, later identified as Jake Hadden, looked at them and said, “hell no!” and then told another worker that “I’m not serving them, you can… it’s the cops! I refuse to serve them,” according Leatherberry

The cops did not want to take any chances and left. Leatherberry says he wanted to avoid any ‘extra sauces’ in his food.
    A spokeswoman with the Lake Alfred Police Dept called Hadden a “bone head.”

WFLA has received a lot of messages on social media about the story, in support of the officers. The management at Tropical Smoothie took very swift action and fired Hadden immediately.

“This is not who we are we do not operate like that… to all the law enforcement officers, please feel free to come to our store,” manager Beth Lawrence said.

Hadden told the local station he regrets what he said, especially with everything going on around the country with law enforcement right now.

Sysop
    https://www.policeone.com/off-duty/a...-to-serve-cop/

Police: Miss. deli workers refused to serve cop
    Two deli workers turned their backs on the officer

Nov 22, 2016

By PoliceOne Staff

MOSS POINT, Miss. — Police said two employees at a local grocery store refused to serve an officer Sunday.

Sgt. Doug Adams and the manager of the Piggly Wiggly reviewed footage that shows the workers acknowledging Officer Scott Clayton, but refusing to serve him, the Sun Herald reported.

“One worker walked to the back of the deli and it appears he asks the two at the counter if they could help him, but they did not,” Adams said.

According to WXXV, Clayton’s finance wrote in a Facebook post that the employees turned their backs and said, “I’m not serving him.”

Manager Barry Carmack told the publication they’re investigating why the employees refused service, but they could lose their jobs.

“It’s not something we tolerate,” Carmack said. “We will do everything we can to rectify this.”

Sysop

FLOYD Jack

https://www.policeone.com/Officer-Sa...n-cops-drinks/

McDonald’s employee puts mustard in 2 Kan. cops' drinks
    The employee no longer works with franchise

Nov 29, 2016

By PoliceOne Staff

TOPEKA, Kan. — A McDonald’s employee has been fired after two officers found mustard mixed in their drinks.

A social media post showed a picture of the officer’s drink mixed with mustard, WIBW reported. After the post went viral, Kansas Highway Patrol said a trooper found mustard in his drink as well. They told management when it happened.

“All customers, including local law enforcement officers who protect and serve our communities, are always welcome at our restaurants,” franchise owner Tom Dobski said. “We proudly support police officers and all divisions of first responders at our restaurants across northeast Kansas.”

The unnamed employee “no longer works for the organization.”

Sysop
    https://www.policeone.com/Officer-Sa...urant-receipt/

Texas cop receives hateful message on restaurant receipt
    The restaurant brought sandwiches to the local PD to make up for the incident

Dec 22, 2016

By PoliceOne Staff

SEGUIN, Texas — A uniformed officer who stopped to grab lunch at a local Schlotzsky’s recently was surprised when he saw a special message on his receipt.

The deputy pulled through the drive-thru and looked down at his receipt to see the message “Fck U,” according to the department’s Facebook page.

The officer called the restaurant to report the incident, and the employee has since been fired, KHOU reported.

Schlotzsky’s posted on their Facebook page that law enforcement is always welcome in the restaurant and the incident was a one-time occurrence.

“We have also personally reached out to the Sheriff's office to apologize, and remind them that they are always welcome at this location, where we proudly offer officers in uniform a special discount in appreciation for their service,” the post reads.

Sheriff Arnold Zwicke told the news station that the manager had informed him that a young employee was goofing off and didn’t intend for the message to be printed on the receipt.

The restaurant brought sandwiches to the department Wednesday afternoon to make up for the incident.
    Last edited by Sysop; 12-26-2016 at 01:48 AM.

Sysop
    https://www.policeone.com/patrol-iss...ecake-Factory/

Armed Wash. officers turned away from Cheesecake Factory
    They were told guns weren’t allowed, regardless of if they were law enforcement

Dec 22, 2016

By PoliceOne Staff

TACOMA, Wash. — A policy miscommunication led to the barring of six state DOC officers from a local Cheesecake Factory.

DOC employee Miriam Nichols posted on the restaurant’s Facebook Tuesday that she and five other employees walked in wearing their uniforms, badge, and guns.

“We were told the guns are not allowed,” she wrote. “Whether you are law enforcement or not, they are not welcome.”

According to The News Tribune, the manager on duty misunderstood the restaurant policy on law enforcement having service weapons in the restaurant.

The next day, Cheesecake Factory officials reached out and apologized.

“It was a misunderstanding, and they’re rectifying that situation,” DOC spokesman Jeremy Barclay said. “They actually support law enforcement officers being in their restaurant and having their service weapons on them.”

Sysop
    https://www.policeone.com/Officer-Sa...dining-police/

Colo. restaurant apologizes after anti-cop song played in front of dining police
    Smashburger employees allegedly played N.W.A’s “F—k Tha Police” on repeat while officers dined inside

Dec 19, 2016

By PoliceOne Staff

AURORA, Colo. — Smashburger is apologizing after employees played an anti-cop song while officers dined in the restaurant, KMGH reported.

According to a Facebook post, officers were eating at the restaurant Saturday when employees started playing N.W.A’s “F—k Tha Police” on repeat.

The incident was reported to management and The Brotherhood for the Fallen of Aurora said they “applaud their [Smashburger’s] immediate initiative to look into this matter, and are certain they will take any steps they deem necessary.”

The restaurant said in a statement that the staff and manager in charge have been placed on leave pending an investigation.

“First and foremost, we respect, honor and appreciate every police department in the country,” the company said in the statement. “We apologize to the police officers affected, as well as to any of our guests who were party to this unfortunate incident.”

Unregistered

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is a real problem in this country. I think if police want respect it is a two way street. The growing chorus of intolerance from the public should be a message to the police. We don't live in a police state and the police need to police their own from abuses. It has become intolerable.
    If is so intolerable,, move to Mexico, Canada. You probably were given several tickets and are whining about it!!! Bad Police man
    gave me a ticket!!!

Unregistered
    I prefer not being served , knowing someone handling my food does not like me rather then have my food , beverage handled by someone who is looking to '' stick it '' to me .

I will gladly go someplace else .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123