Eric Ireland fired
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Eric Ireland fired

Can't say this is a bad thing. To bad it took this long to get him out of here. Wonder how many innocent people he framed in his quest for glory.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/29945922/...d#.VeeQzPZJbIU

Unregistered

Oh

If anyone out here has any dirt on this guy, now is the time to let IA know it. Any issues no matter how minor they might be, let them know. Now is the time to get all the dirt out on him.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Can't say this is a bad thing. To bad it took this long to get him out of here. Wonder how many innocent people he framed in his quest for glory.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/29945922/...d#.VeeQzPZJbIU
    Probably fewer than you think. More than likely he framed several guilty people. Believe it or not some criminals are actually smart. Manufacturing evidence and false testimony to get the bad guy has a long tradition in law enforcement. Unfortunately, when you do this as a police officer you're crossing the line and breaking the law. Eric will pay the price for that. I don't know if he did it to seek glory, or to just put people he perceived as bad away. He's the only one that can really answer that. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he wasn't the only one. I've heard rumors over the years that there is a group of tightly knit deputies doing this kind of shit. To use a movie analogy call them the Magnum Force of Charlotte County.

Unregistered
    Only in Charlotte Co. do you hear of messed up crap like this.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Only in Charlotte Co. do you hear of messed up crap like this.
    You, sir/ma'am, are foolish, at best, for making this statement. This sort of thing happens, in one form or another, everywhere. Zealotry does not stop at religion, and bad things done for a perceived good reason are still bad/wrong.

IKNOWCHARLOTTE

ERIC IRELAND FROM AWARD WINNER TO 10-15 51 to County

What a joke! This guy gets an award a few months ago?! Really? And the Sheriff says in today's paper that he has been on the radar for awhile?

Rumor has it this kid was dirty for years.....one can only wonder if the expectation of activity set by the department makes these rookies try so hard to make arrests. I look around and read the PCAs every morning and see BS arrests. 2 last night in Englewood by baby Millz - Disorderly Intox and Trespass after warning (he rubbernecked for that one). I mean really, when has common sense and officer discretion given way to 10-15, 51 to County......

There was a time when less pressure was on stats and more on knowing your community and people and respect was both ways. RWORCH was Sheriff and a young BP was road patrol/detective in District 1. BP made arrests, but they were warranted. Guys that are SGT's/LT's now were rookies then in D1 and they too understood discretion vs arrest. MKRZYSIAK/SCLEMENS/RMCDONALD/RCASANO/EELLINWOOD - throw in JKENVILLE and MCARO all gave discretion.

Hell, LHOLDEN before he joined the force knew what discretion was that night he ran off the road "because of the pig - WINK!"

I'm just saying arrests need to be made, but discretion can be used..........

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by IKNOWCHARLOTTE View Post
    What a joke! This guy gets an award a few months ago?! Really? And the Sheriff says in today's paper that he has been on the radar for awhile?

Rumor has it this kid was dirty for years.....one can only wonder if the expectation of activity set by the department makes these rookies try so hard to make arrests. I look around and read the PCAs every morning and see BS arrests. 2 last night in Englewood by baby Millz - Disorderly Intox and Trespass after warning (he rubbernecked for that one). I mean really, when has common sense and officer discretion given way to 10-15, 51 to County......

There was a time when less pressure was on stats and more on knowing your community and people and respect was both ways. RWORCH was Sheriff and a young BP was road patrol/detective in District 1. BP made arrests, but they were warranted. Guys that are SGT's/LT's now were rookies then in D1 and they too understood discretion vs arrest. MKRZYSIAK/SCLEMENS/RMCDONALD/RCASANO/EELLINWOOD - throw in JKENVILLE and MCARO all gave discretion.

Hell, LHOLDEN before he joined the force knew what discretion was that night he ran off the road "because of the pig - WINK!"

I'm just saying arrests need to be made, but discretion can be used..........
    Are you seriously second guessing a deputy for making a trespass after warning / d&d arrest. Thats cut and dry. Drunk was prob causing a disturbance, someone called the cops, drunk didn't want to leave therfore drunk goes to jail. It is prob better he went to jail rather than drive home and kill someone. Get a life. As a supervisor, I don't micromanage the guys / gals that work for me. If they feel that an arrest is warranted and p/c exists then they have the ability to do so. Lets just say "baby Mills" didn't make the trespassing / d&d arrest and that person left the bar and drove away only to crash and kill someone. Then my friend you would want to hang him. Someone like you would say "if he would have arrested him when he had the chance this would have never happened." You would also want that officer to lose his job for negligence.

Unregistered
    Responding to the poster that said that deputies need to be able to exercise discretion, I completely agree. Unfortunately the current administration doesn't trust their deputy's discretion. They will refer to Santana and Ireland as proof that officers cannot be trusted. They will use this as a reason to tighten the rains even more. The irony is that control is what produces this kind of crap.

I must also comment on the Sheriff's interview, specifically his comment that Ireland had been on the radar for sometime. There are two possibilities I can draw from this statement. The first that it's complete bullshit. The second possibility is even more disturbing. That they really did know about it for a while and they let it continue in the hopes of a bigger gotcha moment, or just out of apathy. This is disturbing on several levels. The first is that his supervisors were not doing their job and correcting him when they noticed an issue. Seeing that he just received an award and I'm betting that his evaluations were great seems to indicate this. By not correcting him and even giving him awards would seem to condone the behavior. Sounds like he was getting the message he was doing a good job. Having been a supervisor myself as soon as I noticed an issue I always immediately addressed it with the officer. To not correct it puts the public that in law enforcement you've sworn to protect in danger. How many lives did Ireland screw up while Admin was watching him on their radar? How many have sat in jail, suffered financial loss due to legal fees, and lost quality of live? How many women did he harass while they were busy building a case? Will they go back now and attempt to make things right?

This has to be the most ****ed-up administration I've ever seen. We need to get away from intelligence led policing that depends on stats/arrests/a full jail and back to community policing that's more focused on building relationships with the community. Face it Prummell, your experiment has failed. Rotating shifts have been proven bad by several studies. Oh you get a well rounded officer. You just get one that is more likely to suffer from broken marriages and several stress related illnesses resulting in a shorter life span. But hey, as long as needs/whims of the agency/Prummell are met it's all good, right? Intelligence led policing is by practice is reactionary though it's said to be proactive. Everybody, except our admin, knows it's better to be proactive than reactionary. It's better to create an environment that fosters a friendly working relationship with the community. An environment where crime cannot grow. Community policing does this. I'm going to speculate and say the Sheriff isn't really interested in this. I guess he's only concerned with the public that can vote and contribute large amounts of cash to his campaign.

IKNOWCHARLOTTE

Finally A BRAIN

To the Jackwagon Stoopervisor that empowers his men/women so much quit drinking the kool-aid. To have your hands off approach and let officers make arrests if they think their is PCA only drives stats. Have you checked how many Nolle Prosse and Dropped/Abandon cases result in your hands off approach? Maybe you should try a semester in law school before you get tired patting yourself on the back with your Stoopervisory capacity. Your actions only lead to 1 of 2 conclusions - you are of the mind set that any arrest is an arrest that will lead towards a stat and possibly time and a half because of court time and depositions OR your hands off approach truly empowers the Dep/DFC and they can make decisions - GREAT - then we can eliminate the need for direct supervision with such thought.

I truly believe BP cares. He raised his family here. He was/is a great detective. He knew how to solve crimes and may be great putting a puzzle together. His career by nature was reactive. People commit a crime - He solved it. Look at recent promotions - many come from CID/Major Crimes. But you have to admit that the community policing aspect and really knowing the people has become a lost art. Sure you have Community Policing Officers (What a Great job when in DROP!) but they are really glorified Homeowners Association Meeting Messengers. Wanna take your kid to meet a nice cop? Take them to the mall and take a selfie as the Community Policing Officers ride their bikes at Christmas time.

But what happened to having real sources and a real connection to community. Not some CI that is a junkie that you are paying up to $100 to turn their dealer in after they just shot up with that dealer. All you're doing there is feeding a circular habit and they aren't sources...they are street level rats that need money! Gone are the days of patrolling the district and someone giving you a tip because they respected and trusted you and cared about the community and maybe wanted to stop some shit head kid from vandalizing or burglary. Long gone are the days of catching a kid with a carton of eggs on Halloween and teaching them a lesson but cutting them a break and calling mom and dad for a real punishment. Hell no! Today, we would do an FI - then have the kid sign a PCA admitting (possibly telling them don't worry, if you admit, I won't take you to jail) and then arresting them and saying my Supervisor says I have to - all for what? A Stat?

It's not these rookies faults entirely, it is the culture they are brought up in. Look at the payroll id numbers of all the CPL/SGT/LT that have recently been promoted in the past 5-7 years. These new kids are hungry, they want to be noticed and they want advancement. Problem is, all that is done at the sacrifice of being a discretionary officer.

I don't think Santana was dirty. Amazing how that came out right when the jail recording stories were around. Now, Inmate Ireland dies in jail - stories all around that he was killed by CO - and now this "long" investigation into DCF Ireland (same name, coincidence huh?) is brought to light and he is fired and arrested. All the people over 80 remember is that some cop named Ireland was bad. When the real story comes out on Inmate Ireland - people are desensitized to the news and confused at best.

Unregistered
    Hands off supervision is a main contributor to the issues we have in this agency. People just do not know how to talk to each other. They do not know how to be leaders. You won't see many supervisors, especially the new ones, get involved with members under their supervision until something goes wrong. At most they may issue directives. Most of the times they just refer you to policy. They then sit back and play gotcha. They will sit there and let an officer continue to screw up so they can build a case against them. Most times if they're producing the stats and proper paperwork they won't even notice he or she is a train wreck. Many deputies have learned that to keep the supervisors off your back you make arrests and produce paperwork. That is why you see the bullshit arrests. That's also why you see charges be dropped and NPed left and right. That never shows up on the stats and they know it. They're playing the game to keep from catching shit from above. I knew the sheriff before he was the sheriff and he was a good man a good cop. I have no idea what has happened to him. It's almost as if he's not running the show anymore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast