Eric Ireland fired - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Prummell isn't a cop anymore, or a good man. He's now a politician. If he seems removed from the day to day operations it's on purpose. When shit goes wrong he can always plead ignorance. Shit will go wrong because his number 2, the wonderful TR is in charge. That SOB is a text book narcissist. He then has his attack ***** MT from the jail that's a perfect little personality clone of him.

Ireland is just the first. We're coming into an election year and the polls show that people think all cops are corrupt wife beaters, stalkers, and just all around abusive a-holes. BP and gang are out to prove them wrong by going after his own deputies. IA is working overtime and bringing in help. They're busy making mountains out of mole hills where ever they can to prove that BP is tough on corruption. IA is off the damn chain. In just the past six months this department has seen more deputies receive reprimands than it has in six years. Most of this alleged misconduct would not even have raised an eyebrow at any other agency, or even here just a year ago, except maybe at the jail.

With the deputies at the CCSO are facing greater animosity from the public, push to bullshit arrests, and attacks from the admin to make political points you can expect more to leave. This will just cause a chain reaction. We'll be even more short staffed, more will leave due to stress, and it will be hard to find replacements because the word will get around. The pay here isn't worth the bullshit. Depending on who wins the next presidential election expect to see a market improvement. The market in many areas has already started to improve. When that happens people have even more options.

Unregistered
    Ok So I am going to be a voice of reason here...

I am pretty savvy in following politics and current events from a local to an international level.

That being said, I keep seeing people on here post all of these reactionary based responses and then others who agree or pose a contrary opinion.

That being said.... This agency seems to be pretty clean for the past 2 admins all things considered on a local level and national level with a pretty good standing for the stuff that flys in Florida which is very much like Texas in the way it's ran.

The jail stuff is disconcerting, aside from the taped convos with attorneys, most of the jail stuff is due to the contractors and not really the staff right when inmates get hurt? Most of the deaths are at Oil Well which is not run by the Sheriffs but the state Correct? Please Correct me If I am wrong?

This agency has had some pretty bad marks against it in the 70s and 80s based on what I have read but it seems that its run pretty fairly in a post 9/11 world that is rife with aggressive policing, I know it is not a city so we are not going to have protests or murders in the street, its pretty much just a lot of people with bad drug habits and lots of drinking which leads to incendiary events where police are then called in to deal with it.

Here is a question I do have, I have read from a lot of sources that for the past decade... that the FBI has had an uptick in rolling out operating procedures for local police agencies from city to county to employ in their policing strategies due to the threat of living in a post 9.11 world, is this true? Can anyone attest to this, I know that a lot of guys go to the FBI academy to boost the resume and that they teach a lot of helpful things which was then used in local policing, my question is how much of these roll out plans are organic by guys who genuinely feel that the stuff they learned should be used vs mandates that dictate personel from agencies must attend and then use their plans in the local policing.

I am guessing that the huge uptick in intellligence led policing is a result of this, What I can confirm is how much of this is organic from guys who believe it to be true vs the order for it to be rolled out.

Also, I have read that police agencies have their brass flown out to Israel to learn policing techniques and strategies they that country excels at due to the volatile nature of their enviornment. I am wondering if perhaps this could be a factor in US Policing, what I do not know is if it only taught to agencies like the FBI and other agencies associated with them or if this also applies to local agencies.

Please feel free to fill in the blanks here, it's hard to know whats true and what is not when you are on the outside looking in and I feel like this should be considered when criticizing the current players if the next ones are obliged to follow that os.

Unregistered
    The push was for many years after 9-11 intelligence led policing. This led to many great advancements in tracking crime and in course criminals. It has allowed agencies to better identify areas that needed extra attention. This is where the problem is. What kind of attention do you give it. Now before intelligence led policing there was community policing. Charlotte County like many other agencies either abandoned this completely of mostly. The CCSO combined intelligence led policing with aggressive enforcement. From an academic standpoint this makes sense and our current Sheriff is an academic. He relies on hard figures and stats. This can be reported, tracked, and used to show the public for political reasons. Unfortunately there is a downside to this kind of policing. As many other agencies have found when you fail to focus on the community and only on numbers you become out of touch with the needs of the community. With this agency this has also extended to the members and has created a rift between the admin and the line staff. Not only is the Sheriff and his admin out of touch with the community, but also with their own members.

Unregistered

ILP= Reactive Policing

Intelligence Led Policing is just another term for reactive policing, which has been around since the Bobbies. Lot's of crime on 4th street, put cops on 4th street. This is not a new concept. The difference now versus then is using police officers as data miners. Make as many stops as you can, get everyone's name, conduct FI's, update ACISS. Back in the day when a cop worked a beat, he did so for years. He didn't have a computer to refer to in order to determine if someone was a scrote. He knew Johnny shitbag since Johnny Shitbag was a kid. This was a tremendous value and made police officers with longevity irreplaceable to an extent. Now, we freely input our knowledge into ACISS so if we're gone tomorrow, anyone with a GPS can fill our shoes.

Unregistered
    Yes, gone are the days that agencies valued the experience of their members, or rather valued their members period.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12