Don't Apply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't Apply

police

Don't Apply

The agency calls about 60 applicants for very few openings. You must do part of your own background investigation. They ask you to get 3 of your neighbors phone numbers, work place address & phone numbers and submit it for them. Mentors were unprofessional during applicant test, silly smiles. Not the place to work. Could you imagine going to your 3 neighbors and getting their workplace address & phone numbers? Like the requesting detective there said, "Your Cops, Do It"!

Unregistered
    Is this the first time you've every applied at a police agency. All agencies require you to provide references with contact info. Your applying for a potion that requires a neighborhood walk and talk so yeah, they need their info. If that is to much work for you then good luck finding a cop job. I had to do it for TPD, HCSO and Pinellas County.

Unregistered
    With all due respect, your writing skills are terrible! How did you pass a background check regarding the ability to write a police report?

Unregistered

Don't Apply

Just read the posts from present officers and you will see unhappy people here. Glad to work elsewhere.

Unregistered

Don't Apply

Got hired by PCSO, great organization. However you need to have prior law enforcement. They took over airport police at St. Petersburg Airport long ago and do it themselves. Heard that's going to happen in Tampa soon by HCSO. Was brought before county agenda.

You didn't read
    You didn't read the post. I said they wanted you to go to 3 neighbors and get their employment, employers phone number, their name & phone. Now if you moved into your neighborhood 6 months or a year ago, or at any time for that matter, can you right now go to 3 neighbors surrounding your home and ask their workplace & numbers? No, you weren't reading, other agencies ask for references and numbers, but a detective does their own physical in person neighborhood sweep. They did that for me. The Airport Police wants you to do it for them, unheard of, and applicants thought it was weird. Even the requesting detective knew it was weird, when grumbling started, he said, You are cops, go do it." Anyway look at posts from present employees.

Unregistered
    The only mistake he or she made was forgetting to place a question mark after Is this the first time you applied to a police agency???? Give him or her a break!

Unregistered
    Retiring soon and moving to the Tampa area I have taken the EOT and passed the state exam. I see another announment for for police officer again. Are they really hiring or just getting names for a list? I've read the forum and I see that you all have alot of issues with the agency, just like at my current agency. Is this a good retirement job for police officers? I'm looking for real answers not the " run don't apply"

Unregistered

Option B

Better option is the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office. Prior LE starts at 55k plus a 3k signing bonus and take home cruiser.

Unregistered
    TIAPD starting pay isn't bad considering I'll be retired and so will my wife, I like the mission TIAPD does. Are any other retired LE working there? I've heard "Yankees need not apply" is that still true or alot of BS?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast