Still think the PBA can get more than 2% ???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Still think the PBA can get more than 2% ???

Scott Israel Blasts PBA Endorsement Process

BY BUDDY NEVINS

Scott Israel, the Democratic candidate for Sheriff, knows a stacked deck when he sees one.

Israel is complaining loud and hard about the Police Benevolent Association endorsement process in the sheriff’s race. He fears it has been rigged to help Sheriff Al Lamberti, a Republican.

The PBA higher-ups will now decide whom the group endorses rather than allow a vote of the Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies, according to Israel.

Israel sees the hand of Lamberti, who is currently negotiating with the PBA on a contract.

“I was told that Lamberti demanded no surveys (votes) go out if they wanted a contract,” Israel said. “I’m disappointed that the union reps would not want to know the opinion of the membership in this process.”

There is a history of Lamberti and the PBA mixing contract negotiations and an endorsement. Four years ago, the PBA suddenly won a contract offer from Lamberti at the same time the endorsement was awarded to him.

“Lamberti walked into the endorsement meeting and gave them a contract,” said Israel, who was the sheriff’s opponent in 2008, too.

Interestingly enough, the PBA awarded Israel the primary endorsement.

Since the PBA has been negotiating with Lamberti, it look to me like the endorsement is being used as part of the bargaining agreement.

My question is whether the taxpayers will end up paying for this endorsement?

Here is Israel’s news release:

Phone: 954-682-2266 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Email: Scott@ScottIsraelforSheriff2012.com

ISRAEL BLASTS CHANGES IN PBA ENDORSEMENT PROCESS:

“It’s like the old Soviet Union”

Democratic Candidate for Sheriff Scott Israel today blasted last-minute surprise changes in the Broward County Police Benevolent Association candidate endorsement process. Democratic Candidate Israel was told numerous times by various PBA representatives that immediately upon conclusion of the screening process, surveys would be mailed out to all PBA members. Instead, the process is now controlled by a vote of just a few BSO bargaining unit representatives. “The process is no longer democratic,” said Israel. “It is being rigged so Republican Sheriff Al Lamberti can buy the PBA endorsement at the bargaining table with our tax dollars.” Israel was also shocked to learn that an overwhelming majority of the PBA representatives who voted to give him the endorsement in the Democratic Primary just eight short weeks ago were barred from participating in the endorsement process.

“I have no doubt that the vast majority of the rank-and-file membership of the PBA would vote to endorse me,” said Israel. “I’ve been told that Republican Sheriff Al Lamberti demanded the surveys that were due to be mailed be scrapped because he knew he would handily lose a vote open to all members. Instead, Lamberti made clear that if the PBA wants a new contract, they needed to kill the vote of the entire membership. The endorsement decision — never before used by the Broward PBA — is now entirely in the undemocratic hands of just a few BSO reps closely aligned with Lamberti,” said Israel. “This is how elections were run in the Soviet Union. What are the PBA reps afraid of? They need to represent their members, not themselves. This undemocratic hijacking of the process needs to stop.”
    “The hard working BSO officers who I admire greatly, are well aware of the political favoritism, mismanagement and inefficiency of the Sheriff’s office under Republican Al Lamberti,” said Israel. “While I would welcome the endorsement of the PBA in the General Election, as I received it in the Democratic Primary — because I respect the rank-and-file men and women of the PBA, even if their leadership is betraying them — I can only win that endorsement with a full, complete and universal vote of all members,” said Israel. “Any endorsement that is short of that will merely be the result of a rigged process and the purchase of the PBA endorsement at the bargaining table by Republican Sheriff Lamberti.”

- See more at: http://www.browardbeat.com/scott-isr....EnfjKVNw.dpuf

Unregistered
    Time for the PBA to bend over. I guess the Sheriff may be more friendly to IUPA after all.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Scott Israel Blasts PBA Endorsement Process

BY BUDDY NEVINS

Scott Israel, the Democratic candidate for Sheriff, knows a stacked deck when he sees one.

Israel is complaining loud and hard about the Police Benevolent Association endorsement process in the sheriff’s race. He fears it has been rigged to help Sheriff Al Lamberti, a Republican.

The PBA higher-ups will now decide whom the group endorses rather than allow a vote of the Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies, according to Israel.

Israel sees the hand of Lamberti, who is currently negotiating with the PBA on a contract.

“I was told that Lamberti demanded no surveys (votes) go out if they wanted a contract,” Israel said. “I’m disappointed that the union reps would not want to know the opinion of the membership in this process.”

There is a history of Lamberti and the PBA mixing contract negotiations and an endorsement. Four years ago, the PBA suddenly won a contract offer from Lamberti at the same time the endorsement was awarded to him.

“Lamberti walked into the endorsement meeting and gave them a contract,” said Israel, who was the sheriff’s opponent in 2008, too.

Interestingly enough, the PBA awarded Israel the primary endorsement.

Since the PBA has been negotiating with Lamberti, it look to me like the endorsement is being used as part of the bargaining agreement.

My question is whether the taxpayers will end up paying for this endorsement?

Here is Israel’s news release:

Phone: 954-682-2266 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Email: Scott@ScottIsraelforSheriff2012.com

ISRAEL BLASTS CHANGES IN PBA ENDORSEMENT PROCESS:

“It’s like the old Soviet Union”

Democratic Candidate for Sheriff Scott Israel today blasted last-minute surprise changes in the Broward County Police Benevolent Association candidate endorsement process. Democratic Candidate Israel was told numerous times by various PBA representatives that immediately upon conclusion of the screening process, surveys would be mailed out to all PBA members. Instead, the process is now controlled by a vote of just a few BSO bargaining unit representatives. “The process is no longer democratic,” said Israel. “It is being rigged so Republican Sheriff Al Lamberti can buy the PBA endorsement at the bargaining table with our tax dollars.” Israel was also shocked to learn that an overwhelming majority of the PBA representatives who voted to give him the endorsement in the Democratic Primary just eight short weeks ago were barred from participating in the endorsement process.

“I have no doubt that the vast majority of the rank-and-file membership of the PBA would vote to endorse me,” said Israel. “I’ve been told that Republican Sheriff Al Lamberti demanded the surveys that were due to be mailed be scrapped because he knew he would handily lose a vote open to all members. Instead, Lamberti made clear that if the PBA wants a new contract, they needed to kill the vote of the entire membership. The endorsement decision — never before used by the Broward PBA — is now entirely in the undemocratic hands of just a few BSO reps closely aligned with Lamberti,” said Israel. “This is how elections were run in the Soviet Union. What are the PBA reps afraid of? They need to represent their members, not themselves. This undemocratic hijacking of the process needs to stop.”
    “The hard working BSO officers who I admire greatly, are well aware of the political favoritism, mismanagement and inefficiency of the Sheriff’s office under Republican Al Lamberti,” said Israel. “While I would welcome the endorsement of the PBA in the General Election, as I received it in the Democratic Primary — because I respect the rank-and-file men and women of the PBA, even if their leadership is betraying them — I can only win that endorsement with a full, complete and universal vote of all members,” said Israel. “Any endorsement that is short of that will merely be the result of a rigged process and the purchase of the PBA endorsement at the bargaining table by Republican Sheriff Lamberti.”

- See more at: http://www.browardbeat.com/scott-isr....EnfjKVNw.dpuf
    Political favoritism. Mismanagment. Inefficiency under Lamberti???????? Look in your own sand box before you make such a statement.

Unregistered
    Still think the PBA can get more than 2% ??? NO

Unregistered

Kenny

Still think the PBA can get more than 2% ??? NO
    Can't you have someone other than useless Kenny in OP as your rep? He lasted so long at the port

Unregistered
    Can't you have someone other than useless Kenny in OP as your rep? He lasted so long at the port
    IUPA will be holding rep elections immediately following the PERC election.

Unregistered
    Even though this happened 3 years ago, this will be the first chance of payback. We are screwed with the PBA

Unregistered
    That's the pot calling the kettle black. SI doesn't like favoritism and accuses Lamberti of abuses. If you live in a glass house don't throw stones...just saying.

Unregistered
    Any update on the contract negotiations?

Unregistered
    Any update on the contract negotiations?
    PBA has taped out at 2% and 2% pluse $150.00 increase to healthcare.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast