Fuel Surcharge - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Surcharge

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Reminder. The car is a privilege not a right. If you dont want to pay the surcharge then turn your car in. No one is forcing you to take it home.
    Oh contraire mon fraire, I do have to take it home. Know your facts before you speak please.

Unregistered
    Times change and so do contracts.In no way is a agency bound by expired contracts or promises.The tax payers of BC should not be paying for any fuel for a BSO vehicle when it out of Broward(No LE Jurisdiction) unless it is on work related business.So,those of you that are worried about the minimal fee you pay for gas for your free car to leave the county, leave your unit at the District and use you POV to get to work. Like real employees do a other jobs.

I guess you will not do that,because that will cost you way more $$$$$$..

No need to keep bring up a non issue any more...
    Listen Mr. Ebonics,
    We're state certified and will act if we witness a crime in any county. It's a service to all citizens when they see marked units. Just like when we see PBSO & MDPD units in broward.

"Like real employees do at their jobs"?

What an ignorant statement. I kept my nose clean, passed a back-ground check, and had the education and common sense to become a cop.
    Plus my life is in danger everyday.
    Don't treat me like its "just another job."
    It's not.

Unregistered
    Ya'll are missing the point. The fuel surcharge was implemented to "offset" the cost of fuel back when it was up over 4.50 a gallon. It no longer is 4.50, in fact it's around 2.40. It doesn't matter where you live or what you were told when you were hired. If the administration wants to do the right thing, they'll shelf it for now. If the cost of fuel becomes absorbitant again, you add it back. The employees should keep this issue in mind at election time. It is the right thing to do.

Unregistered
    Ya'll are missing the point. The fuel surcharge was implemented to "offset" the cost of fuel back when it was up over 4.50 a gallon. It no longer is 4.50, in fact it's around 2.40. It doesn't matter where you live or what you were told when you were hired. If the administration wants to do the right thing, they'll shelf it for now. If the cost of fuel becomes absorbitant again, you add it back. The employees should keep this issue in mind at election time. It is the right thing to do.
    Nice try PBA trying to put this on the administration but you dummies are the ones that negotiated the fuel charge. The Deputies here should keep this in mind during the upcoming PERC election and do the right thing.

Unregistered
    Nice try PBA trying to put this on the administration but you dummies are the ones that negotiated the fuel charge. The Deputies here should keep this in mind during the upcoming PERC election and do the right thing.
    I'm actually not a member of any Union.

Unregistered
    Oh contraire mon fraire, I do have to take it home. Know your facts before you speak please.
    I do know my facts. Maybe you should know yours before making an ignorant comment.

Unregistered
    Times change and so do contracts.In no way is a agency bound by expired contracts or promises.The tax payers of BC should not be paying for any fuel for a BSO vehicle when it out of Broward(No LE Jurisdiction) unless it is on work related business.So,those of you that are worried about the minimal fee you pay for gas for your free car to leave the county, leave your unit at the District and use you POV to get to work. Like real employees do a other jobs.

I guess you will not do that,because that will cost you way more $$$$$$..

No need to keep bring up a non issue any more...
    I understand times and contracts change, but I was hired with that offer. Not with, we will offer you this BUT IF IT CHANGES, SORRY. That's like me taking a mortgage out on a house and when it is half way paid off they say,,,hey we need to renegotiate...and unfortunately it isn't in your favor. LOL.

Unregistered
    This poster is correct except they forgot one thing, it was implemented to offset the unusually high fuel cost at that time in combination with the economy being in the toilet at that time too!! We have NEITHER occurring anymore so the sheriff should do the right thing and cancel it. The PBA allowing this fee to continue is one of the many reasons I am voting IUPA.

Unregistered
    Just remember fellow Deputies,the reason the the fuel charge will not be rescinded is because the administration will have to divert millions of dollars over the years of money they like to spend on other projects or more Command(Captain Jail Guards etc.).For this reason,the charge will remain.The charge is also for the cost of maintenance of the vehicles leaving the county,not just fuel.

Like others have said,once something is given up,very rare will you get it back.....

Let it go....

Unregistered
    Just remember fellow Deputies,the reason the the fuel charge will not be rescinded is because the administration will have to divert millions of dollars over the years of money they like to spend on other projects or more Command(Captain Jail Guards etc.).For this reason,the charge will remain.The charge is also for the cost of maintenance of the vehicles leaving the county,not just fuel.

Like others have said,once something is given up,very rare will you get it back.....

Let it go....
    Thanks PBA!!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast