Citizen Review Boad
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Citizen Review Boad

Hot off the press, Buckhorn implements his own version of a citizen board. Immediately, the black politicians, and activists groups are complaining that this board has no investigative subpoena power and the board members are overwhelmingly picked by the Mayor. Red**** has strongly opposed this on grounds its basically a stacked deck with no teeth to do anything. I agree with Red****. This political ploy to give a appearance of a civilian review board with out the authority to investigate and confront the conclusions of the police internal review and not even that until the case has been completely resolved is a sham. First, Buckhorn should have left this idea at the same place he left his balls at. Your the Mayor, be the Mayor, you have a Chief, let him be the Chief. Trying to pander and have it both ways is a political dodge that gives you a out if something controversial hits the fan. Fight or flight, doesn't have a finger in the air gauging which way the wind is blowing. Grow a set!

Unregistered
    I wanna be Gov one day has just drove the campaign bus right over the backs of his officers at the Pd. This sword cuts both ways. Buckhorn can just as easily throw you under his bus if he gets to much heat, and his critics have been given a window dressing board that will be discounted by the activists when the boards rulings don't go their way. No winners here with this half measure, feeble attempt, to pander instead of lead. After all, he is a Democrat, so you are so screwed the first time a racial incident happens. Backing off the bicycle enforcement while claiming to support the efforts was your first clue.

Unregistered
    What did you expexct. I don't know why some of you people think he is pro police. He has done nothing to show it. Let's look at his record.

- he is the one who has the DOJ investing us.
    - he is the one giving Red**** his complaint review board.
    - police cars. Iorio replaced over 600 police cars, in his term he has bought around 150. Now cars are in shop more than the streets. ---This is the same guy when Greco wanted funding to start the take home car program, he was the only councilman to vote no.
    - he is the one that has 19 cops riding a bike downtown with no funding for them. Thus sending cops in the violent neighborhoods out short every night. Where did he think they were coming from? Does not seem like a guy who makes your safety a priority.

So tell me, how is he pro police? All I see is our everyday politician of the 21st century.

Unregistered
    Ask the old timers from back in the mid 80's when Freedman was mayor. She was anti-police and the current mayor was her right-hand man. He is just like his old boss and it isn't going to get any better until he is gone.

Unregistered
    Are u kidding me? Come out to D 3 on any weekend day or night and see who is backing us up. Buckhorn. Not Red**** for sure. Buckhorn did vote for the take home cars on Council and if u think about what could have happened at City Council I would appear to me that the Mayor absolutely did what was in our best interest and crafted the perfect solution. Everything they will review is already a public record after the case is closed. Think about it before you spout off and by the way, ck the budget on the cars. This year alone he budgeted 4 million dollars.

Unregistered
    How can this board be a perfect solution. Buckhorn has nine of eleven picks. If the sheeez hits the fan, do you think Buckhorn cant mold their opinions to his political advantage? Why would Buckhorn even consider giving up any of his authority? Just a couple of weeks ago, he was saying no board, what changed in two weeks? This guy is the most dangerous politician on Earth. Aspiring to be Gov one day, simply put, means being Mayor is a stepping stone and the best interest of Buckhorn will trump losing any political capital defending you on anything controversial.

AD1

Citizen Review Board

I will start by saying that, I do not, nor have I ever worked at TPD. I support everything you guys/gals do daily. But, with this new Citizen Review Board, you all have just lost the war. The Board isn't even in place yet and the loud mouths are already complaining about its makeup.

You may be high on your Chief and I know he answers to the Mayor, but he took the job already talking about a review board. That to me should have sent up a red flag among the troops. Is most everything you all do public record, yes it is, but sometimes you have to treat @$$holes like @$$holes, because they don't understand any other language. You sure don't need to have a bunch of non-police officers to come in scrutinize the way in which you handled an @$$hole. This same review board will pick you apart when the 1 call out of 1,000 goes bad, and it will go bad, but never review the other 999 that you resolved without incident. SAD

Just know I support you in your endeavors, keep up the good fight and watch your six.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Are u kidding me? Come out to D 3 on any weekend day or night and see who is backing us up. Buckhorn. Not Red**** for sure. Buckhorn did vote for the take home cars on Council and if u think about what could have happened at City Council I would appear to me that the Mayor absolutely did what was in our best interest and crafted the perfect solution. Everything they will review is already a public record after the case is closed. Think about it before you spout off and by the way, ck the budget on the cars. This year alone he budgeted 4 million dollars.
    Buckhorn was on Freedman's staff when the take home cars were first removed. The cost of repairs after the initial savings soon caught up to her and she paid the political price. Buckhorn saw that they were wrong to start but it took Greco for the take home cars to come back and he has just kept it in place but is not replacing older cars nearly as fast as the past two mayors did.

A citizens review board is rarely a winner for the front line troops and this is just a continuing attack on the police that pandering politicians are jumping on the bandwagon. Just because the mayor may show up doesn't mean he has the officer's best interest in mind. This is not the 1st time that this issue has been raised but this is the first mayor of ours to cave in to it. I was there in the mid 80's and lived through the Freedman/Buckhorn administration so maybe I have a better perspective and "spouted" off based on experience. He's doing what he needs to do to advance his political career, not the careers of the officers.

Unregistered
    Coming and riding is political fair. If he supported us he would not cut the car budget in 1/2 every year, he would not have DOJ investigating us, he would have stood up to Red**** on the citizen review board and he would tell the chief, don't staff a bike squad until your other squads are staffed.

Unregistered
    Look, Buckhorn is a good mayor. He has cut no cops in hard budget times. He pushed the buy back for prior service. He has worked well with the union ref our contract. He supports our pension. Is he perfect no but I would give him a A-

We could do a whole lot worse. The only thing I blame him for is putting too much faith in the last chief who was nice person but a horrible chief in my opinion.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast