Hiring chances for FHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

Hiring chances for FHP

I have an AA, working on my bachelors. Clean record. Stable work history. And just one traffic infraction in a accident and unfortunately failed to pay the ticket and got my liscence suspended. What are my chances?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have an AA, working on my bachelors. Clean record. Stable work history. And just one traffic infraction in a accident and unfortunately failed to pay the ticket and got my liscence suspended. What are my chances?
    How long ago? How long was it suspended?

Unregistered
    I got it suspended before I went to college in 2013. I paid it off once I came back early this year. It is my only traffic offense.

Unregistered
    Really shouldn't be a problem considering some of the folks they have hired in the past. Just be honest and hope for the best.

Unregistered
    Really shouldn't be a problem considering some of the folks they have hired in the past. Just be honest and hope for the best.
    The above is true. We have hired active street gang members in the past. So, having your license suspended in the past (as long as it is now valid) should not be a disqualifying issue.

Unregistered

Bye Bye FHP

The above is true. We have hired active street gang members in the past. So, having your license suspended in the past (as long as it is now valid) should not be a disqualifying issue.
    Yes they have (ref street gang members, some are actually bosses here ? ) but why bother coming to this outfit ? I've been here 5 years too long, and I'm going elsewhere to be a REAL cop ! Tampa, Ft Lauderdale, and Boca Raton, I have apps in with all of those. I'm single and under 30, so I'll go to the agency that picks me first. Boca looks like a winner, and I'll start making more $$$ there, than I am right now. Bye bye FHP :-)

Unregistered
    FHP is honestly just a easy department to get certified. Once i get certified, Ill pursue another police department down south. I am just hoping to get certified and gain come experience. Hopefully my suspension doesnt cause a problem.

Unregistered
    FHP is honestly just a easy department to get certified. Once i get certified, Ill pursue another police department down south. I am just hoping to get certified and gain come experience. Hopefully my suspension doesnt cause a problem.
    With all due respect, and I don't know how to put this in a more gentle way that gets the point across: That's an incredibly stupid plan. You're going to give FHP almost three years of your life in return for certification? Really? Even the "experience" part is a flawed plan. Think about it....how is working crashes in Wakulla County or wherever they send you going to prepare you to be part of a full-service police department in South Florida? It isn't. The local academies are what, $3500? I would recommend going to one of those ,applying now with the department you're thinking of applying to in 3 years.

Unregistered
    Not everyone is fortunate enough to have the money to pay for then academy. I have to work. I have bills to pay such as car payments and school loans. Quiting my job for an unpaid academy isn't going to work for me. Sorry.

Unregistered
    I am only 20 years old. I would be fine loosing just 2-3 years

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast