The exodus! - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The exodus!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    it was a bit more involved than just a dispatcher, it appears a couple of gentleman had personal contact with underage explorers and there are pictures, this was almost covered up, but not quite. one gone one is left.
    Pat is a great guy, a true cops cop, not like the other one, but his day is coming soon, !!!!!!!! and the cover up from admin will be exposed. The sun management already knows what has transpired , I understand that they are none to happy about not getting the info on the K9 and shooting details that the H/T reported and now they know why, only time will tell.
    Want change, make it happen !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    any reference to any single individual is merely a coincidence, as they say the names were changed to protect the innocent a
    little law n order quote. Hey warrior, you should really consider civilian life and your pension, before it' too late !!!!!
    any attempt to back trace this IP address with out a warrant will be prosecuted. Hey R the federal system is not for you, they will fire you and drop u like asap.
    want change, make it happen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered
    Just one more thing to keep every one of us happy to stay here. The city wants to throw out our pensions and have us start out all over again in FRS at a reduced mutiplier. No raise in 3 years, an increase in insurance premiums once more this year, and now screwing us on our pensions. Gotta love how North port is taking care of us.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain
    Just one more thing to keep every one of us happy to stay here. The city wants to throw out our pensions and have us start out all over again in FRS at a reduced mutiplier. No raise in 3 years, an increase in insurance premiums once more this year, and now screwing us on our pensions. Gotta love how North port is taking care of us.
    Is it the City that you should be shaming.. or is it the union? Where is the union in representing our officers for raises and pension issues? As for the insurance premium increases.. well that is an everyone problem. We cant thank the Federal govt for that.

Unregistered
    The union didn't take it upon themselves to rip our pensions away from us.. That was our wonderful commission. They are going to doom this city. If this happens many good people will leave or stop giving a crap and crime will go up. Who will want to live or have a business here with a bunch of crime?

Unregistered

Time to unite

City hall has been given 3% raises for non union employees for the last 2 years, while police officers have gone 4 years without a raise. It is costing us more in insurance premiums so we are actually working and taking home less than we did 3 years ago and this is how we get treated? The city seems to be union busting here at our expense. I'm sure our city manager and commissioners sleep real good at night knowing they are screwing not only us but our firefighters too. We have a commissioner that will say she is under FRS and loves it. She doesn't have to start all over again in that system like we will. We have to stand together and let the citizens of North Port know how they are attempting to screw us!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    We cant thank the Federal govt for that.
    Oh? And what evidence do you have to prove that? Other then you just blowing off and using the stand by bitich that other city employees are doing.

Oh? And what evidence do you have to prove that? Other then you just blowing off and using the stand by bitich that other city employees are doing.
    What I meant to say is.. We CAN thank the Federal Govt for that, as in Obamacare. Evidence.. well I was stating my opinion and not making a case one way or the other. That being said.. I have seen increases n my insurance premiums each and every year, not to mention losing 4 different doctors. I think most of us have seen increased premiums. Why should you be any different? I am not a City employee, nor am I a union member, just a taxpayer that works in the private sector. I will say, I sure wish I could retire with full pension in 25 years then hang around a few more for the DROP benefits.. Nice!

Unregistered

Try this

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    What I meant to say is.. We CAN thank the Federal Govt for that, as in Obamacare. Evidence.. well I was stating my opinion and not making a case one way or the other. That being said.. I have seen increases n my insurance premiums each and every year, not to mention losing 4 different doctors. I think most of us have seen increased premiums. Why should you be any different? I am not a City employee, nor am I a union member, just a taxpayer that works in the private sector. I will say, I sure wish I could retire with full pension in 25 years then hang around a few more for the DROP benefits.. Nice!
    That's all you have to do Stephanie is go through 22 weeks in the law enforcement academy, pass the state test, get a job with a police department, go to work every day putting on a bullet proof vest and carrying a gun. Then live through the stress of being a cop for 25 years and you can get that pension.

no Sir. I wouldn't do what you do but am very appreciative of those men and women who do choose to. Wasn't begrudging you the 25 and out.. Just didn't realize you had that benefit.

Unregistered
    That's all you have to do Stephanie is go through 22 weeks in the law enforcement academy, pass the state test, get a job with a police department, go to work every day putting on a bullet proof vest and carrying a gun. Then live through the stress of being a cop for 25 years and you can get that pension.
    It is amazing how we want to be treated fairly, we are told you knew what you signed up for. You knew you were not going to get rich, you knew you would be treated like shit, you knew your life would be in danger every moment you were at work, and now at home, but you should accept it. Well, we knew that we had a certain retirement when we signed up, we knew we would make a certain amount of money when we signed up, what we did not know is, this city and lack of ethical leadership would take that all away. Again, we are expected to accept this, because it is popular to shit on your cops. Double standard? I think so. It is only a matter of time before we lose more officers, we have shown already that we cannot get qualified applicants. Why is that? How many people have we hired in the past year? 2 or 3 maybe. Now, how many have left. The two recent departures should send a message to admin and City Hall, but they won't hear it. Chris and Kevin will continue to down play this and think they have the morale in an upward tick. The future is bright, gotta wear shades.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast