FWC Vest Carriers! When?

Unregistered

FWC Vest Carriers! When?

So I hear we have been kicking this idea around and wondered why it hasn't been implemented. I truly believe this would encourage more officers to actually use their vest. I wear my vest a vast majority of the time. But on the water, it is a bit unbearable due to I am not able to vent my vest under my duty shirt. A vest carrier is a viable and practical option as it would allow me to get 'some' air in between my body and vest to cool down. I have been on the boat a number of times and realized I was suffering heat exhaustion from the restrictive vest underneath. So for comfort and sadly ,lack of officer safety, I take it off when it gets that hot. In light of our recent shooting on the water it concerns me that a vast majority of the officers in my region do not wear their vest for this very reason.

Additionally, the vest carrier can be easily removed while in the truck and flipped over the seat. This would allow us to cool down and simply flip it back over when we exit our vehicles. You cannot do that with the tradional vest.

I understand many road officer's wear their vest the traditional method. However, our role is unique as we spend a good amount of time outside in the heat and on the water.

Does anyone have any other ideas on how approving vest carriers for us will promote officers to wear their vests?

Unregistered
    Ah never. I saw your post was from two years ago.