Lee County unsafe. - Page 4
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Doom View Post
    Yes, it is me. Yes, I have been out of Lehigh for awhile and yes I know things change, when I was out there as a road supervisor we had to cover Gateway and Ft Myers Shores and yes I would have loved to have more deputies every supervisor would no matter where and what agency they work for. But that's no the point, no point is any deputy or officer that waits to go on a call for back (and there are some cases when we have that luxury) hey should find another job, their job is about protecting and serving and if anyone cant do that then leave. Again what if that was your family, as someone was breaking into your house in the middle oft night, would you want that officer or deputy to wait knowing that might be the difference between your loved ones being harm or not. Now I know there will people come on here and say this about me and say that about me and I don't care, I'm been proud to leave a badge and a star for 34yrs and have always done my very best, sometimes I have pissed people off and that may not like me and that's find , I can always look into a mirror and know that I was true to my oath and duty. So please stay safe out there and remember things will never be perfect but I truly believe its an honor to wear a badge or a star Bob Michie
    This is the most irresponsible, ill informed, ridiculous position I have ever seen in my 25 years of public service. First of all, we live in a society that exposes you to risk simply by being part of it. We all know that. If you want to mitigate that then you take measures as an individual to minimize that risk. You stay at home, you put bars on your windows, you move to the country, whatever.

Second, where the hell do you get off armchair quarterbacking anything that has happened in the past or will happen in the future? You weren’t there and you won’t be there (otherwise this wouldn’t be an issue).

No where in the oath does it say I will put myself in harm’s way because I was too stupid to assess the risk to myself first. I have never heard any trainer, not at this POS agency or at any real agency, EVER say go in without back up. It is a fact that outcomes are better in 100% of high liability calls where two or more officers are present.

How would I feel if it were my family? It would suck. Pretty sure everyone would get over it. Pretty sure that not gonna be a victim of a home invasion, serial killer, whatever. And if I felt they were, once again, I would take measures to protect them or leave. The last thing that I am going to do is rely on you to come help me.

You may have just convinced someone to walk into their own demise you idiot.

Don’t listen to this guy men and women. You make the assessment. You assesses the risk on a case by case basis. You have a family and friends that come before any of your obligations on this job. Your obligation is to yourself before any citizen and that is covered in statute, general and special orders, and just plain common sense.

Time for you to move on fool. I have to think that you are typing drunk. You have truly lost your mind.

By the way true to your oath and duty? I have no idea who you are trying to kid.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is the most irresponsible, ill informed, ridiculous position I have ever seen in my 25 years of public service. First of all, we live in a society that exposes you to risk simply by being part of it. We all know that. If you want to mitigate that then you take measures as an individual to minimize that risk. You stay at home, you put bars on your windows, you move to the country, whatever.

Second, where the hell do you get off armchair quarterbacking anything that has happened in the past or will happen in the future? You weren’t there and you won’t be there (otherwise this wouldn’t be an issue).

No where in the oath does it say I will put myself in harm’s way because I was too stupid to assess the risk to myself first. I have never heard any trainer, not at this POS agency or at any real agency, EVER say go in without back up. It is a fact that outcomes are better in 100% of high liability calls where two or more officers are present.

How would I feel if it were my family? It would suck. Pretty sure everyone would get over it. Pretty sure that not gonna be a victim of a home invasion, serial killer, whatever. And if I felt they were, once again, I would take measures to protect them or leave. The last thing that I am going to do is rely on you to come help me.

You may have just convinced someone to walk into their own demise you idiot.

Don’t listen to this guy men and women. You make the assessment. You assesses the risk on a case by case basis. You have a family and friends that come before any of your obligations on this job. Your obligation is to yourself before any citizen and that is covered in statute, general and special orders, and just plain common sense.

Time for you to move on fool. I have to think that you are typing drunk. You have truly lost your mind.

By the way true to your oath and duty? I have no idea who you are trying to kid.
    forgot to add, "Drops the mic!"

For you old timers out there follow the link for an explanation.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...m=Drop+The+Mic

Unregistered
    forgot to add, "Drops the mic!"

For you old timers out there follow the link for an explanation.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...m=Drop+The+Mic
    I agee 100 percent. No one is saying to wait for back up in an active shooter scenario where children are in risk of death. We reffering to the call we all know what time it is before we even go 97...drug infused home invasions/shooting etc...who end up uncooperative and signing a cw. If your life is worth that piece of shits life than by all mean Mr. IA you get out of your comfy office and status 18 it. Bob you have a great reputation and I believe you are prob the only one in IA who wouldn't sacrifice their morals to screw someone in an IA, but I just lost a little bit of respect with that post. You know Lehigh is NOTHING like it was in the past so please don't demonize these young men and women rookies for thinking twice about waiting for back up.

Unregistered
    I agee 100 percent. No one is saying to wait for back up in an active shooter scenario where children are in risk of death. We reffering to the call we all know what time it is before we even go 97...drug infused home invasions/shooting etc...who end up uncooperative and signing a cw. If your life is worth that piece of shits life than by all mean Mr. IA you get out of your comfy office and status 18 it. Bob you have a great reputation and I believe you are prob the only one in IA who wouldn't sacrifice their morals to screw someone in an IA, but I just lost a little bit of respect with that post. You know Lehigh is NOTHING like it was in the past so please don't demonize these young men and women rookies for thinking twice about waiting for back up.
    Oh I forgot....all for 37k/yr after 8 yrs. yeah your right walk into a fire fight alone. WOW

Unregistered

Well let's all sing.....

My **** is bigger than your ****, my **** is bigger than yours..........

Unreal. Never in my life. You would think that this is the military and you are being drafted and forced to do this job. Whar were you doing when the recruiter came twisting your buff arms and making you work here?

Better one yet, who is making you stay under duress?

Oh I know "Here you come.... To save the day..........." . Where do you get your capes made incidentally?

Unregistered

Unreal. Never in my life. You would think that this is the military and you are being drafted and forced to do this job. Whar were you doing when the recruiter came twisting your buff arms and making you work here?

Oh I know "Here you come.... To save the day..........." . Where do you get your capes made incidentally?

Wow, and it's sad to say the above poster is most likely an LCSO Administrator. Sad what this agency and its leaders have become.

Unregistered
    Well let's all sing.....

I don't use a cape. When I leave your moms house I grab a pair of her granny panties and wear them like a cape. Sorry guys just wanted to post a sensless post like this retard.

Unregistered

Backup

I like the memo that was posted by the Sheriff telling his deputies to wait for back up, I know that in Broward and I think Dade There are always 2 units dispatched to ALL alarms and disturbances, there is no UNIT TO BACK. if there is no back up the call holds. That's why you give your starting location, in order to see if you need to speed it up or slow it down, so you and your backup arrive at about the same time. GIVE your starting location

Unregistered
    I know I am going to be told to quit and everything else but I'm going to be honest. I don't give a shit anymore. I have been beat down and I don't care. My safety goes above anyone else. I am not proactive at all, since we seem to get railroaded if things go wrong, so I will just reduce the odds of that. I don't do shit unless I have to. I used to be that guy that really wanted to be proactive and make a difference. Now I am that guy that wants to make it through the shift flying under the radar hoping to live to get the next pay check. I do my job but no more. The climate here has went to shit. Part of it is Mike's fault and part of it is society's new view on us.

Unregistered
    Well let's all sing.....

See here is a prime example of what is wrong with this place.
    This guy who rarely puts down his glass of complimentary Kool Aid served him by Mike long enough to pull his head out of Mikeys ass to read his emails posts, " Better one yet, who is making you stay under duress?"

Dude, come up for air and read your emails! There are more emails for district overtime for zone coverage then Jean Monday emails., everybody is leaving.

OK, show us how a Mike Scott administrator responds?

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast