Hiring? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hiring?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So how is the job for a retired cop?
    You will spend most of your time shaking your head in disbelief.

Unregistered
    Hell I do that now where I work now here in DC

Unregistered
    I just figure being retired from another dept if there's silly crap going on with yours I'll just shake my head and laugh

Unregistered
    Are there still any openings?

Unregistered
    They picked someone for the open spot. So, barring any issues, the position has been filled.

Unregistered

Beneifts

Do officers work 10 or 12 hour shifts, do you have ready car program, long gun program, shift differential, retirement program? Thanks

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Do officers work 10 or 12 hour shifts, do you have ready car program, long gun program, shift differential, retirement program? Thanks

12 hr shift, take home car after 3 years of employment (may change). long guns yes, payroll deduction to pay for it. Shift Diff - Nope, Retirement program is Florida State Employee Retirement system.

Unregistered
    If you are retired and already have a pension coming in then I suggest to apply, otherwise..., Rick Scott screwed up the State Retirement so bad as a new officer it isn't worth it unless you are like 21 or 22 and plan on spending your entire career in the State system. Of course, you could do like most and put your 3yrs in by the contract offered and move on to another agency like a City PD that still offers a good career for an officer retirement wise.

Unregistered
    Not a bad place to work if you can deal with the Micromanagement. You will get a lot of it. That's the worse thing I've seen working here. Before the officer that is dispatched to the call even arrives on scene to access what is going on, you will have supervisors getting on the police radio whether they are working in an office or a supervisor on the street, telling you what you need to do or asking you questions before you have even responded to the call. If the call is not the average fire alarm or burglary alarm panel.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast