nothing changes at the mpd, just more good old corruption - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Honorable Mayor and City Commissioners:

I am writing to express my concern with the current chaos the City Manager has allowed at the City of Miami Police Department. I will highlight several incidents that have occurred that summarizes the current incompetent leadership. At one of your last commission meetings, the FOP Vice President informed you that there have been thirteen newly sworn police officers waiting for police uniforms since January. This is factual information. Chief Llanes stated on the record at the commission meeting that he was not aware that this was occurring. He was untruthful and disingenuous to all of you. On May 26, 2015, Chief Llanes administered the oath of office to 6 new officers who wore suits. Additionally, other newly sworn officers that had been administered the oaths months before by the Chief attended the ceremony in their training attire because they hadn’t been issued uniforms. Being untruthfulness violates the oath officers swear by and tarnishes the moral fabric of the law enforcement profession.

On May 30, 2015, the police department organized and hosted a gun for bikes event that occurred at 1598 NE 1st Ave. The purpose of the event was to take guns off the street. The police department collected over seventy guns in exchange for bikes. The police department allowed individuals to turn in firearms without any questions asked or documentation. This type of publicity event is reckless, irresponsible and negligent placing the city in liability. In many circumstances these firearms are used in the commission of crime. By allowing individuals to partake in these publicity stunts the police departments is allowing for the contamination of evidence that was possibly used in a crime. An example would be that an individual submits a firearm that was used in a murder. He is now allowed to legally surrender evidence without any questions asked and the evidence is now contaminated by every officer handling that weapon has placed their fingerprints and DNA. If you were the family of a murdered victim and were told that murder weapon was found but cannot be used as evidence by the prosecution because of contamination and lack of suspect information.

On April 20, 2015, the Chief of Police transferred Lieutenant Jose Alfonso from the Human Trafficking detail at the States Attorney’s Office to the Internal Affairs Anti-Corruption/Proactive Unit. Simultaneously, he transferred Lieutenants Alfonso’s son to the Human Trafficking Detail at the States Attorney’s Office. Additionally, Lieutenant Jose Alfonso was supervising his sister Officer Maritza Alfonso who is also assigned to the Internal Affairs Anti-Corruption/Proactive Unit. Besides the obvious that the Chief was taken care of the Alfonso family, lets discuss the casts of characters in this scenario. An internal affairs background check of these three individuals will clearly reveal who they truly are and their course of conduct during their careers. Lieutenant Alfonso was demoted as a Commander by Chief Exposito because of his conduct and treatment of those he is sworn to serve. He has amassed more internal affairs complaints for misconduct and lack of professionalism than any Commanding officer in the history of MPD. He is an individual who will not hesitate to violate someone civil rights or the law to make an arrest that will make him shine. Officer Maritza Alfonso who is currently assigned to internal affairs working for her brother also has a shady internal affairs profile. An example of this is an incident were Officer Maritza Alfonso was playing with her City issued firearm (some say she was drunk) and shot herself in the hand. Finally, the lieutenant’s a rookie police officer who has less than three years of police experience. He is now replacing his father in an elite assignment without any training or experience that justifies such transfer. Additionally, this is the same son who several years ago prior to becoming a police officer took his father’s City rental for a joy ride and was involved in an accident. I asked myself how was that covered up and who signed off on this individual’s hire. Unfortunately, the Chief of Police cannot claim ignorance since these assignments are under his direct purview.

It has surfaced recently that Kent Security company who a City vendor has been financially sponsoring police department events and the City Managers Charity Golf event. These individuals have circumvented City Ordinance by allowing Kent Security to make donations through a third party even though they’re the ones who are directly soliciting Kent Security. Additionally, a Kent Security representative Mr. Jerry Tollenson pays for meals for these individuals.

I am requesting that the City Commission direct an independent investigation of the listed allegations by the City of Miami Civilian Investigative Panel or Auditor General. I will also forward this information to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, Miami Dade Ethics Commission and the State Attorney’s Office.

The police department is 115 officers short and 80 civilian positions. Training to address the current national policing crisis and in the DOJ report has not occurred. The department is so understaffed that if there are two major crime scenes they will not have the crime scene investigators to process the scenes. None the less, the City manager is firing an African American Officer for defending himself at a civil service hearing and allowing the demotion of a high ranking police Major for a trump up allegation. Accept for promotions the Chief has done nothing and the tone is that it will be someone else’s problem to fix when I’m gone. The realism of the issue that this is a crisis and not addressing it places both the citizenry and the officers lives on the line. It’s not about being optimistic or pessimistic it’s about being realistic.

Employees United Against Corruption
    Stop wasting your time,family & friends plan lives forever.

Unregistered
    Why was the comment about Colina erased?

Unregistered
    Alfonso shooting her hand.. Now that an easy cover up to solve. Subpoena her credit card records for that date.

Unregistered

Shocker

Thank you Captain McQ........shocking revelations .....a gun buy back....some transfers....security company giving to charity...officers with no uniforms.....we should all resign in protest!!!!!! (Maybe I will finally get a cushy job when you all leave). This IS THE worst corruption scandal in MPD history!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered
    Why are only Cubans promoted to certain positions and only black Americans are given other position to make to place appear to be fair and equal?
    Simple , MPD is run by Cubans just like North Miami by blacks. Cubans will always rule at MPD.

Unregistered
    Simple , MPD is run by Cubans just like North Miami by blacks. Cubans will always rule at MPD.
    Yes because it's a Cuban city! It's as simple as that. Majority rules. Here's another breaking news they are kicking out all the blacks from Overtown and liberty City. Down with the no tax revenue projects and in with luxury high rises.

My **** gets hard when I respond to a black on black homicide. That's the fastest crime scene we have.

Arrive
    Contact fire rescue / homicide
    Rope off crime scene / secure evidence
    Identify witnesses ( usually no one gets involved )
    Qrx for ME

How to disburse a crowd.
    Officer do something!
    Respond
    Can I please have your name for my report.

Unregistered
    This city is a little more diverse then Cuban

Unregistered
    Looks like someone is trying to hide this thread

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;2221435]Honorable Mayor and City Commissioners:

I am writing to express my concern with the current chaos the City Manager has allowed at the City of Miami Police Department. I will highlight several incidents that have occurred that summarizes the current incompetent leadership. At one of your last commission meetings, the FOP Vice President informed you that there have been thirteen newly sworn police officers waiting for police uniforms since January. This is factual information. Chief Llanes stated on the record at the commission meeting that he was not aware that this was occurring. He was untruthful and disingenuous to all of you. On May 26, 2015, Chief Llanes administered the oath of office to 6 new officers who wore suits. Additionally, other newly sworn officers that had been administered the oaths months before by the Chief attended the ceremony in their training attire because they hadn’t been issued uniforms. Being untruthfulness violates the oath officers swear by and tarnishes the moral fabric of the law enforcement profession.

On May 30, 2015, the police department organized and hosted a gun for bikes event that occurred at 1598 NE 1st Ave. The purpose of the event was to take guns off the street. The police department collected over seventy guns in exchange for bikes. The police department allowed individuals to turn in firearms without any questions asked or documentation. This type of publicity event is reckless, irresponsible and negligent placing the city in liability. In many circumstances these firearms are used in the commission of crime. By allowing individuals to partake in these publicity stunts the police departments is allowing for the contamination of evidence that was possibly used in a crime. An example would be that an individual submits a firearm that was used in a murder. He is now allowed to legally surrender evidence without any questions asked and the evidence is now contaminated by every officer handling that weapon has placed their fingerprints and DNA. If you were the family of a murdered victim and were told that murder weapon was found but cannot be used as evidence by the prosecution because of contamination and lack of suspect information.

On April 20, 2015, the Chief of Police transferred Lieutenant Jose Alfonso from the Human Trafficking detail at the States Attorney’s Office to the Internal Affairs Anti-Corruption/Proactive Unit. Simultaneously, he transferred Lieutenants Alfonso’s son to the Human Trafficking Detail at the States Attorney’s Office. Additionally, Lieutenant Jose Alfonso was supervising his sister Officer Maritza Alfonso who is also assigned to the Internal Affairs Anti-Corruption/Proactive Unit. Besides the obvious that the Chief was taken care of the Alfonso family, lets discuss the casts of characters in this scenario. An internal affairs background check of these three individuals will clearly reveal who they truly are and their course of conduct during their careers. Lieutenant Alfonso was demoted as a Commander by Chief Exposito because of his conduct and treatment of those he is sworn to serve. He has amassed more internal affairs complaints for misconduct and lack of professionalism than any Commanding officer in the history of MPD. He is an individual who will not hesitate to violate someone civil rights or the law to make an arrest that will make him shine. Officer Maritza Alfonso who is currently assigned to internal affairs working for her brother also has a shady internal affairs profile. An example of this is an incident were Officer Maritza Alfonso was playing with her City issued firearm (some say she was drunk) and shot herself in the hand. Finally, the lieutenant’s a rookie police officer who has less than three years of police experience. He is now replacing his father in an elite assignment without any training or experience that justifies such transfer. Additionally, this is the same son who several years ago prior to becoming a police officer took his father’s City rental for a joy ride and was involved in an accident. I asked myself how was that covered up and who signed off on this individual’s hire. Unfortunately, the Chief of Police cannot claim ignorance since these assignments are under his direct purview.

It has surfaced recently that Kent Security company who a City vendor has been financially sponsoring police department events and the City Managers Charity Golf event. These individuals have circumvented City Ordinance by allowing Kent Security to make donations through a third party even though they’re the ones who are directly soliciting Kent Security. Additionally, a Kent Security representative Mr. Jerry Tollenson pays for meals for these individuals.

I am requesting that the City Commission direct an independent investigation of the listed allegations by the City of Miami Civilian Investigative Panel or Auditor General. I will also forward this information to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, Miami Dade Ethics Commission and the State Attorney’s Office.

The police department is 115 officers short and 80 civilian positions. Training to address the current national policing crisis and in the DOJ report has not occurred. The department is so understaffed that if there are two major crime scenes they will not have the crime scene investigators to process the scenes. None the less, the City manager is firing an African American Officer for defending himself at a civil service hearing and allowing the demotion of a high ranking police Major for a trump up allegation. Accept for promotions the Chief has done nothing and the tone is that it will be someone else’s problem to fix when I’m gone. The realism of the issue that this is a crisis and not addressing it places both the citizenry and the officers lives on the line. It’s not about being optimistic or pessimistic it’s about being realistic.

Employees United Against Corruption

Unregistered
    what what what

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast