Deputies Per Capita

Unregistered

Deputies Per Capita

What the the current deputy per thousand rate for HCSO?

Unregistered
    0, or so close to 0 that it is statistically zero.

AD1

Per capita, Way Too Low

The answer is about 1.3 per 1,000 overall, but remember that includes ALL law enforcement positions, regardless of their assignment. So when calculating the actual number you need to eliminate deputies NOT working the street, when it comes to actual police service to the public. Are those non-street deputies providing a service? Of course they are. But, when the public calls 911, a SRD, ILP, Community Resources deputy is not the one responding to that call, so that eliminates their contribution to the overall per capita number, but it all counts on paper.

In D-1, you have approximately 120 patrol deputies, if ALL positions are filled. This doesn't include, ILP, SCU, G.O., etc. D-1 covers approximately 100 square miles with about 200,000 "citizens." With those numbers your per capita is approximately 1.6 in D-1.

These aren't exact numbers, but I've been here well over 20 years and know I'm fairly close. In fact, I believe my number is too high.

Unregistered

Not Exactly Encouraging...

Considering the safe National Average is approx 2.6 cops on the street per 1000 residents. Considering that for years HCSO has had approx 2.6 deputies on the street per 10,000 residents, it's understandable why they consider the Patrol Section as a punishment for many and why burnout occurs more rapidly.

Unregistered
    What is the plan to maintain the current understaffing of personnel with the projected reduction in manpower due to Governor Scott's modification of FRS retirement benefits? Is HCSO doomed or will we be forced to reduce the services provided to the tax paying citizens of Hillsborough County?

Unregistered
    The plan... Ahhh... Well.. There isn't one

Unregistered
    The plan is to have supervisors start taking report calls.

Uh Oh, we just had another 50 supervisor put in for retirement after they heard that.