Just Asking

Thread: Just Asking

Unregistered

Just Asking

I was recently told of an incident where an FTO and rookie responded to a call-guy broke bad and the FTO took him down after a serious fight. The rookie stood by watching and when questioned by the FTO about his lack of response he stated "I wasn't sure if you were violating his civil rights so I didn't want to get involved."

Any truth to this?

Unregistered

Who knows??

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I was recently told of an incident where an FTO and rookie responded to a call-guy broke bad and the FTO took him down after a serious fight. The rookie stood by watching and when questioned by the FTO about his lack of response he stated "I wasn't sure if you were violating his civil rights so I didn't want to get involved."

Any truth to this?
    At least three people know: the FTO, the Rookie, and the bad guy. Apparently no one is talking.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Any truth to this?
    I hope it is true. If it is, the young deputy should be commended for being thoughtful rather than just jumping on top of someone mindlessly. Too many people think it's 1968 and they want to use a firehose and attack dogs on anyone who doesn't do as they are told in record speed. Would you rather have someone mindlessly join in on sympathetic violence??? That's how a civil rights violation becomes a conspiracy when you have a bunch of aggressive cops acting like crazed zombies just salivating for any excuse to beat the living hell out of some person who is tired of being abused. The tide is changing in this country and it's time to get in the 21st century. Kudos to the young deputy who has a brain.

Unregistered
    This young deputy has already been promoted to Cpl.

FNG57
    That's not really what happened, but leave to a bitter old timer to get on here are run his mouth. Why don't you guys retire? We are so sick of hearing " in the good old days", " when you were just a kid, I was putting people in jail" and guess what your lazy ass is still jumping a zone.