MOD 710 announcement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Junior Member LEO Affairs Rookie

MOD 710 announcement

Due to a recent complaint, I have been ordered not to edit anything on this forum for 30 days. If you feel there is a violation of terms, send me a message and I'll forward it to MOD 1 or SYSOP for review. As your newer moderator, I was told I was over-editing and not following the rules set in place for the moderators. In my defense, I wanted to protect all the members of of this department (and the department as a whole) from those who come on this site for the sole purpose to slam. Before you hit the submit button after you write something negative about an officer or about our administration or about our department, just please remember we're all in this profession together and we all need to look out for each other.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod 710 View Post
    Due to a recent complaint, I have been ordered not to edit anything on this forum for 30 days. If you feel there is a violation of terms, send me a message and I'll forward it to MOD 1 or SYSOP for review. As your newer moderator, I was told I was over-editing and not following the rules set in place for the moderators. In my defense, I wanted to protect all the members of of this department (and the department as a whole) from those who come on this site for the sole purpose to slam. Before you hit the submit button after you write something negative about an officer or about our administration or about our department, just please remember we're all in this profession together and we all need to look out for each other.
    I agree. Seriously, what is the purpose of this sight anyway? I have never read anything productive only slams. Who started this sight for CCPD? Coral Springs doesn't have a sight. Can we get rid of CCPD as a sight?

Unregistered
    Too bad the key board cowards won out. The majority of the department believe this site should be better moderated. The level of harassment and abuse on this board is disgusting. One Semper Dirtbag complained and he is one of the primary offenders......hope the other moderators will try to clean up this site better and stop the harrassment and abuses.

Sysop
    Thanks for the post Mod 710!

Actually, Mod 710 will still be moderating posts by making deletions if necessary. I only asked him to refrain from editing posts for a month in order to give him time to train on that feature. We, as moderators, want to protect your right to free speech and help ensure you get your point across. You can be critical of your agency and those who work there as a whole, but when you start individually identifying people be careful about what you say. If you violate the Terms of Use, your post will typically be deleted. We are not going to correct it for you, as we're all adults and you can learn how to get your point across without violating the TOU. Likewise, on the rare occasion when a post might have to be edited, it will be very clear what portion of the message has been edited by the moderator so as not to put our words in another poster's mouth.

Our Moderators are unpaid volunteers, so please try to appreciate and respect what they do. After all, a moderator deleting a libelous post might be what keeps you out of court. Thanks!

Sysop
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I agree. Seriously, what is the purpose of this sight anyway? I have never read anything productive only slams. Who started this sight for CCPD? Coral Springs doesn't have a sight. Can we get rid of CCPD as a sight?
    I think I can help you out...

For the purpose of our site, simply go to our published Mission Statement. Here's a link for your convenience:
    http://www.leoaffairs.com/about/mission-statement/

If you have never read anything productive in this forum, then you've been doing selective reading. If a large portion of the content in the message board is negative, it's obviously because not enough people are posting positively. Like it or not, this is a direct reflection on your agency, the morale and what's going on there.

The person that submitted your agency to be added to LEOAFFAIRS.COM will not be revealed. They typically become the moderator when so doing.

No, we do not remove agencies once they've been added. From the look of things, Coconut Creek PD is in dire need of a site like this at least until things turnaround.

Hope this info helps!

Sysop
    Too bad the key board cowards won out. The majority of the department believe this site should be better moderated. The level of harassment and abuse on this board is disgusting. One Semper Dirtbag complained and he is one of the primary offenders......hope the other moderators will try to clean up this site better and stop the harrassment and abuses.
    The person you refer to as a "keyboard coward" is a registered user, unlike you who are posting anonymously as a guest. I should also point out that the winners in this circumstance are the users who want to use this site as we intended. How can anyone have a problem with that? If you feel the harassment and abuse on this board is "disgusting" and that "Semper" is one of the "primary offenders", you should be reporting posts that violate our Terms of Use. It's actually the responsibility of our users (including you) to help report bad content. If you do not know how, here's a link:

http://www.leoaffairs.com/abuse-and-violations/

Your volunteer moderator is trying and will be a seasoned moderator soon. I'm popping in here to check things out too. With your help, I think we'll be set!

Unregistered
    Steve "Car-Guy" Daniello openly admits to starting the CCPD forum on LEO. He was also the original MOD, who got booted for protecting MANN, et al on the site. You can thank him!

Quote Originally Posted by Sysop View Post
    I think I can help you out...

For the purpose of our site, simply go to our published Mission Statement. Here's a link for your convenience:
    http://www.leoaffairs.com/about/mission-statement/

If you have never read anything productive in this forum, then you've been doing selective reading. If a large portion of the content in the message board is negative, it's obviously because not enough people are posting positively. Like it or not, this is a direct reflection on your agency, the morale and what's going on there.

The person that submitted your agency to be added to LEOAFFAIRS.COM will not be revealed. They typically become the moderator when so doing.

No, we do not remove agencies once they've been added. From the look of things, Coconut Creek PD is in dire need of a site like this at least until things turnaround.

Hope this info helps!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Sysop View Post
    Thanks for the post Mod 710!

Actually, Mod 710 will still be moderating posts by making deletions if necessary. I only asked him to refrain from editing posts for a month in order to give him time to train on that feature. We, as moderators, want to protect your right to free speech and help ensure you get your point across. You can be critical of your agency and those who work there as a whole, but when you start individually identifying people be careful about what you say. If you violate the Terms of Use, your post will typically be deleted. We are not going to correct it for you, as we're all adults and you can learn how to get your point across without violating the TOU. Likewise, on the rare occasion when a post might have to be edited, it will be very clear what portion of the message has been edited by the moderator so as not to put our words in another poster's mouth.

Our Moderators are unpaid volunteers, so please try to appreciate and respect what they do. After all, a moderator deleting a libelous post might be what keeps you out of court. Thanks!
    Start turning this ***** around.......immediately report all abusive posts that individualize and identify specific parties with initials. Unfortunately in the past, the Moderators failed to do so, but I think now there is a new Moderator that has started to actually moderate.

Unregistered
    Start turning this ***** around.......immediately report all abusive posts that individualize and identify specific parties with initials. Unfortunately in the past, the Moderators failed to do so, but I think now there is a new Moderator that has started to actually moderate.
    That went well

Unregistered
    Well, this is going well.........glad to see adults taking the time to act like adults before they post here, as usual. When there are ZERO posts intended for the actual purpose of this board, when will MOD be allowed to actually moderate?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast