Doltish decision on my part

Unregistered

Doltish decision on my part

I foolishly didn't take the exam in Feb.(being ill prepared and not keeping up with testing dates ect) Anybody have an idea at how long I'm looking at before I can take it? I've read it's a long process, like any large city PD. I'm in my junior year at University of Florida and saw that MDPD has an internship program that seemed interesting.

Also random question, was lurking the forums and didn't see anything related to it so figure I'll ask. Regarding my background investigation, I have family and lived in India for a little while myself, could that have a negative effect on getting hired? Was reading that federal agencies may not accept people with overseas family or that were involved in that countries politics.

I've always wanted to be a Police Officer and being in the Explorer program in middle school and some of high school helped give me a little taste of what LE work was like. But as I got older I tried lying to myself that I wanted a career with more money and something my family would approve of. With getting older it's clear to me that was wrong, I want to pursue a line of work I enjoy, not what my family wants and a career I can be proud of. Any info or advice you can give is greatly appreciated. Please excuse the verboseness haha. Thank you.

Unregistered
    “Doltish?” What a superb adjective to describe an obtuse course of conduct! Fret not, however, finish your bachelorette degree and then apply with plenty of time. Open and read the below link; particularly (2) (c). Good luck!

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/...s/0943.22.html

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    “Doltish?” What a superb adjective to describe an obtuse course of conduct! Fret not, however, finish your bachelorette degree and then apply with plenty of time. Open and read the below link; particularly (2) (c). Good luck!

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/...s/0943.22.html
    Thank you I'll check out that link.