Thoughts on the Secretaries letter regarding centralization/ reorg
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Thoughts on the Secretaries letter regarding centralization/ reorg

It sounds like there is some big changes coming or am I reading it wrong. Sounds like she wants transparency in this too .

Unregistered
    It read like typical, political gooblyguk! She talked in circles with special, rehearsed talking points. In plain English, they plan on cutting some jobs and will "help" effective employees relocate to other state jobs. Sure! You work in Orlando, own a home, have kids in school, make $35,000 a year but they can get you a $32,000 a year job in Miami. What BS!

Unregistered
    I didn't think it would be that 35,000 a year job. I was thinking it was upper management . I also think lots of circles in that and do say upper management because anything else they wouldn't care abut helping find another job.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I didn't think it would be that 35,000 a year job. I was thinking it was upper management . I also think lots of circles in that and do say upper management because anything else they wouldn't care abut helping find another job.

Yes, but upper management has people that work for them who would also be effected. Of course they don't care, that's why I made a crack about finding you a job in Miami when you live in Orlando. Who is going to make that move when you have roots in Orlando and your already getting paid peanuts? Very,very few.

Unregistered
    I agree and when then did this before many clerical lost their jobs . They were Unable to travel for the peanuts they make. I so often see the warden and assistant warden jobs being transferred all over the state and maybe it is time they do this with CA and DCA and RD and RDA. Maybe the shake up could help us. I also think that if supervisors have been in one place for a period of time , move them. Time to get new blood in place and try to fix the morale of the people who keep this place afloat. Time to move them.

Unregistered
    I agree and when then did this before many clerical lost their jobs . They were Unable to travel for the peanuts they make. I so often see the warden and assistant warden jobs being transferred all over the state and maybe it is time they do this with CA and DCA and RD and RDA. Maybe the shake up could help us. I also think that if supervisors have been in one place for a period of time , move them. Time to get new blood in place and try to fix the morale of the people who keep this place afloat. Time to move them.
    I disagree. CA's, DCA's, Sup's have families and home to. Would you want DC to that to you? Life is hard enough without someone ruthless person at the top moving people or laying people off just to have some kind of legacy.

Unregistered
    I disagree. CA's, DCA's, Sup's have families and home to. Would you want DC to that to you? Life is hard enough without someone ruthless person at the top moving people or laying people off just to have some kind of legacy.
    I would also agree on the moving. Some folks took the job of being a at will employee and if they have to move then hey they knew that when they took themselves out of the career service and made themselves exempt .

Supervisors can and should be moved within their circuit on a every five year tour to avoid being stale and avoid officers having the good old boy network with their supervisors. . Some officers have supervisors wrapped around their fingers and certain clicks do no work. Moving supervisors would stop the good old boy network. Since the supervisors are career service then we should keep them within the circuit.

Unregistered
    I would also agree on the moving. Some folks took the job of being a at will employee and if they have to move then hey they knew that when they took themselves out of the career service and made themselves exempt .

Supervisors can and should be moved within their circuit on a every five year tour to avoid being stale and avoid officers having the good old boy network with their supervisors. . Some officers have supervisors wrapped around their fingers and certain clicks do no work. Moving supervisors would stop the good old boy network. Since the supervisors are career service then we should keep them within the circuit.
    Doesn't the Personnel Policy say you can move 50 or 100 miles at the discretion of the department? I am not sure where you get remain in the Circuit? Many Circuit lines atr indistinguishable. Officers travel out of one Region to another just to get CAD money! .......The fact is Management has never been Professional in the first place to insure that the Citizens and Offenders are served and these questions like where is my raise is still being raised.

Unregistered
    It does says within 50 miles so why not . All I know is if they want change you have to change upper management and the Office Managers. If they want something they never had try something they never did, Move the management of the Community Corrections.

Unregistered
    I' a better idea. How about all of you just do your own job and quit worrying about what other people are doing or who is in upper management. There would be so much more productivity if you would just mind your own business and DO YOUR JOB!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast