Illegal lobster harvest
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Illegal lobster harvest

It's hard to be disgusted or surprised by the actions of some law reinforcement these days.

This is a message to the MDPD officers who went lobstering today coming back in at Black Point Marina, as well as the lackluster FWC officer without the intestinal fortitude to actually do his job stopping illegal harvesting of wildlife.

When you were being inspected a young boy said to the Biscayne NP Ranger to look under one of the lobster. To this one of the MDPD officers sushed the kid to be quiet.

Upon inspecting it was seen that this was an egg bearing female. The FWC officer said he wouldn't write you a ticket because it would effect your position at MDPD.

You should consider yourself lucky pal. It is disgusting that you knew your actions were illegal, and you tried to silence your child from telling the truth. What kind of example are you setting for your children? You should be ashamed of yourself.

SO is this where we are at as long as you are employed by law enforcement you can lie, steal and cheat. The actions of both the MDPD and FWC officer(s) were disgusting and place an intollerable taste in the mouth of citizens who follow the rules, only to have those in charge of enforcing them blatantly and knowingly violate publicly them without repercussion.

Both agencies should hold their heads in shame for the disgusting actions of their officers. If you respect the laws you are sworn to enforce, then maybe we as the general public will respect you. Until then don't be surprised that the general public holds you in shameful disregard.

Unregistered
    Call Bob Norman at channel 10.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's hard to be disgusted or surprised by the actions of some law reinforcement these days.

This is a message to the MDPD officers who went lobstering today coming back in at Black Point Marina, as well as the lackluster FWC officer without the intestinal fortitude to actually do his job stopping illegal harvesting of wildlife.

When you were being inspected a young boy said to the Biscayne NP Ranger to look under one of the lobster. To this one of the MDPD officers sushed the kid to be quiet.

Upon inspecting it was seen that this was an egg bearing female. The FWC officer said he wouldn't write you a ticket because it would effect your position at MDPD.

You should consider yourself lucky pal. It is disgusting that you knew your actions were illegal, and you tried to silence your child from telling the truth. What kind of example are you setting for your children? You should be ashamed of yourself.

SO is this where we are at as long as you are employed by law enforcement you can lie, steal and cheat. The actions of both the MDPD and FWC officer(s) were disgusting and place an intollerable taste in the mouth of citizens who follow the rules, only to have those in charge of enforcing them blatantly and knowingly violate publicly them without repercussion.

Both agencies should hold their heads in shame for the disgusting actions of their officers. If you respect the laws you are sworn to enforce, then maybe we as the general public will respect you. Until then don't be surprised that the general public holds you in shameful disregard.

Let me see if I got this straight?

This entire dissertation of criminality, unethical conduct and evil, making some officer as public enemy number one is over ONE LOBSTER ? ? ?
    Someone needs to get a life or a practical demonstration of "Police Brutality"

Unregistered
    Let me see if I got this straight?

This entire dissertation of criminality, unethical conduct and evil, making some officer as public enemy number one is over ONE LOBSTER ? ? ?
    Someone needs to get a life or a practical demonstration of "Police Brutality"
    Actually, the issue is criminal behavior and the inclusion of a minor child to interfere with a state law enforcement officer.
    Now, are you really a leo? In Miami-Dade I would not doubt it . I hope the reporting person does the right thing and calls both FWC and MDPD and files a complaint. If this is true, it needs to be addressed.

Unregistered
    Actually, the issue is criminal behavior and the inclusion of a minor child to interfere with a state law enforcement officer.
    Now, are you really a leo? In Miami-Dade I would not doubt it . I hope the reporting person does the right thing and calls both FWC and MDPD and files a complaint. If this is true, it needs to be addressed.

If a civilian did this they would receive a misdemeanor charge for the illegal harvesting. There would likely be some type of charge for involving the children (contributing to the delinquency, etc), likely an obstruction charge, and rightfully so.

We are a nation of laws not men.

To the apologist above.

The original poster did not try to say that this was the most evil action or even comparable to police brutality. However it displays dishonesty, want for integrity. What's MDPD's motto again? Integrity, Respect, Service, Fairness

That lobster was not his to take, therefore it is stealing from all of us, as we all own that resource. The saddest part in my mind is the inclusion of the child. It's sad enough what we have already done to our oceans, to teach our children to further rape, pillage and steal from the environment is deplorable.

Further, it was not simply one lobster, it was an egg bearing female. That is thousands if not millions of babies that will not be there to mature next season.

To be sure there are many fine officers in MDPD, however there are too many who have no respect for the laws of our nation, such as yourself. I understand how the original poster has lost respect for your profession. You publicly brush off crimes and immoral behavior as if it's nothing. You don't even respect yourself or your profession, how sad.

Unregistered
    If you are a witness to a crime why didn't you video it or immediately request a supervisor from FWC. At this point I don't believe your story until you support it with FACTS!!!!!

Unregistered

Coustea Calypso awaits you.

If a civilian did this they would receive a misdemeanor charge for the illegal harvesting. There would likely be some type of charge for involving the children (contributing to the delinquency, etc), likely an obstruction charge, and rightfully so.

To the apologist above.

The original poster did not try to say that this was the most evil action or even comparable to police brutality. However it displays dishonesty, want for integrity. What's MDPD's motto again? Integrity, Respect, Service, Fairness

That lobster was not his to take, therefore it is stealing from all of us, as we all own that resource. The saddest part in my mind is the inclusion of the child. It's sad enough what we have already done to our oceans, to teach our children to further rape, pillage and steal from the environment is deplorable.

Further, it was not simply one lobster, it was an egg bearing female. That is thousands if not millions of babies that will not be there to mature next season.

To be sure there are many fine officers in MDPD, however there are too many who have no respect for the laws of our nation, such as yourself. I understand how the original poster has lost respect for your profession. You publicly brush off crimes and immoral behavior as if it's nothing. You don't even respect yourself or your profession, how sad.
    I love to eat the fruits of the earth. If you witnessed this and didn't do anything about it then it is you who should be ashamed. I am going to grill me some lobsters bon a petite

Unregistered

What about Cecil? ???

To the apologist above.

Justice for Cecil he could have still bred countless lioness and given us thousands of sweet babies. Born free free as the wind blows etc.

Unregistered
    Call channel 10 news investigative reporters or email them. They will reply promptly, I've dealt with them in a few investigations. I'm sure there are cameras in the area.

Unregistered

To the apologist above.

Police are not robots and the law that you speak of allows us the ability to use our own judgement in enforcing those laws and more specifically misdemeanors and other minor violations. There have been an uncountable amount of people that have not been arrested for possession of small amounts of Marijuana because the officer chose to lecture the individual as opposed to giving some kid a criminal record for life.

The same person that lost respect for that officer would not only gained back, but hail him a hero if the officer saves his life at the scene of an accident or fire; respect is lost and also gained as people's perceptions vary with the situations.

That most infamous lobster does NOT belong to anyone. Whereby the State regulates the harvesting, it actually belongs to all of us and the fact that it was an egg bearing female does not change the fact that it was ONE in spite of your best efforts to make a mountain out of a molehill. You and I know that very few of those eggs ever reach maturity and are consumed by other sea life.

In closing I would suggest that you start viewing life in the totality of all of its splendor and that life can be brutal. Just like the Impala is there for the Lions to consume, and the sheep for the wolf; that lobster was there for us.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast