Tact ot - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tact ot

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    That's because they work Monday through Friday with weekends off. You don't go to court on Saturdays. They don't need ot since they don't respond to calls.
    Thats right! Because court is always during your shift. I forgot that.

Unregistered
    Thats right! Because court is always during your shift. I forgot that.
    Might actually have CVE people willing to write tickets, in addition to UCC's, if they had OT money to get paid for attending court.

Unregistered
    Might actually have CVE people willing to write tickets, in addition to UCC's, if they had OT money to get paid for attending court.
    This post makes no sense. COPP is Court Overtime Pay Program. As in, you get paid when you have to go to court on your off-time. Nobody gets paid extra to attend court during their regularly scheduled shift. OT money isn't needed because attending court doesn't increase their number of hours worked.

Unregistered
    This post makes no sense. COPP is Court Overtime Pay Program. As in, you get paid when you have to go to court on your off-time. Nobody gets paid extra to attend court during their regularly scheduled shift. OT money isn't needed because attending court doesn't increase their number of hours worked.
    Ok retard, what I meant was CVE isn't willing to write traffic tickets because court might actually get scheduled after their 6a-2p, or before their 2p-10p shift (I know it's hard to believe, but court does operate all day in some places). And they cannot get COPP money or OT for that.

Or maybe CVE is such a great freaking job, they just focus on writing the UCC tickets that us regular folks aren't even allowed to have. You people here would argue with a brick wall.

Unregistered
    Ok retard, what I meant was CVE isn't willing to write traffic tickets because court might actually get scheduled after their 6a-2p, or before their 2p-10p shift (I know it's hard to believe, but court does operate all day in some places). And they cannot get COPP money or OT for that.

Or maybe CVE is such a great freaking job, they just focus on writing the UCC tickets that us regular folks aren't even allowed to have. You people here would argue with a brick wall.

"...they just focus on writing the UCC tickets that us regular folks aren't even allowed to have" At a police department would you hear "Or maybe Homicide is such a great freaking job, they just focus on investigating those murders us patrol officers aren't allowed to"? Of course not. In any regular law enforcement agency there are different bureaus with different missions. Some get specalized training and equipment and focus on certain crimes. There same idea is applicable here. I'e said it before, you wouldnt expect a city PD's homicide detectives to arrest shoplifters just as you wouldn't expect that same PD's uniformed patrol officers to investigate a murder.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    "You people here would argue with a brick wall."
    "...they just focus on writing the UCC tickets that us regular folks aren't even allowed to have" At a police department would you hear "Or maybe Homicide is such a great freaking job, they just focus on investigating those murders us patrol officers aren't allowed to"? Of course not. In any regular law enforcement agency there are different bureaus with different missions. Some get specalized training and equipment and focus on certain crimes. There same idea is applicable here. I'e said it before, you wouldnt expect a city PD's homicide detectives to arrest shoplifters just as you wouldn't expect that same PD's uniformed patrol officers to investigate a murder.

Seems like you just confirmed the above...

Unregistered

But they can work a straight 8 or take the time back. Those fat lazy slugs don't work for free trust me. They can alter their shifts as they wish. I see it all the time

Unregistered
    But they can work a straight 8 or take the time back. Those fat lazy slugs don't work for free trust me. They can alter their shifts as they wish. I see it all the time
    That's the problem. They can only work a straight 8 or alter their shift (which I agree, they do all the time. The wouldn't even have schedules since they never follow them).

1 - Why should they be allowed to always alter their shift and do what they want?
    2 - On the flip side, it's not fair that CVE have to always offset their time and we get COPP for court Outside of shift. Kind of like the fact they make us offset all of our other OT unless it's impossible to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12