Tour of duty.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tour of duty.

Unregistered

Tour of duty.

Can anyone advice what tour of duty does SPPD currently have please? Days off, 12's, 4-10's etc. Thanks

I'm transferring from out of state and SPPD were the ones that offered me the most and have a good pension. I've read a lot of negative comments here but every dept has problems. I don't pay attention to current problems as it doesn't influence my decisions. Please, just help me by answering my question, thanks.

Unregistered
    Direct all recruiting questions to . . . ph# and email link provided
    http://old.stpete.org/police/employm...-overview.html

You're welcome. Good luck.

Unregistered
    Evening shift abs mids are 4x10's....days hit is 5x8...

Unregistered
    Evening shift and mids are 4x10's....day shift is 5x8...

Unregistered
    Think long and hard before taking a job here, this is not a great place to work and the ones who say that it are not being honest. Google SPPD, and you will see for yourself

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Think long and hard before taking a job here, this is not a great place to work and the ones who say that it are not being honest. Google SPPD, and you will see for yourself
    You'll be as miserable as you want to be anywhere. With that attitude maybe you should consider leaving. I hear McD's in Seattle is paying $15 an hour to start.

Unregistered

Well, I googled the agency and I'm not sure what I'm suppose to be looking at. There was nothing bad about the department. Is there something I'm missing?

Unregistered
    Nothing bad...Great place to work for, but just keep in mind it's not like TPD where hard work pays off. Growth and movement here are still under a "good ol' boy system". So if you don't have an issue navigating through the dept by kissing the right butts, you should be fine. If you're a hard worker and want to try that route, you're probably better off trying some nearby departments with a much better reputation (TPD is the specific one I am referring to).

And I am certainly not trying to make it out to be a horrible place to work, it has treated me well over the years, but there are obviously some negatives that tend to piss the troops off here just like other depts.

Unregistered
    Well, I googled the agency and I'm not sure what I'm suppose to be looking at. There was nothing bad about the department. Is there something I'm missing?
    Well said Jimbo. Get back to the dugout. Go Rays.

Unregistered

Jimbo

If you want to get hired and then move ahead, come down and have a meeting with Jimbo. Act like you're really impressed with his resume and accomplishments. Then swear to kiss his butt and be one of his do-boys. Unless you're black...then you don't have to kiss anyone's butt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast