Pay Rai$e$
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pay Rai$e$

Empty Pockets

Thumbs up Pay Rai$e$

I see that the admin is showing concern's about the rumors going around about pay raises. I will be surprised if we get anything this year. I am tired of having to beg for a pay raise. The problem lays within the citizen's of the county. They don't want to pay for an up to date sheriff's office. I don't know if anyone has thought to bring in the cost of equipment in 2007 and compare it to today's cost. For example a completely equipped police car cost this in 2007 and it cost this today, yet we are still working with a similar budget. It's called inflation and it impacts everything. I know that employee retention is a big concern, but I don't believe that anyone is doing anything to truly convince anyone that this is the place to work. We have substandard equipment compared to other surrounding agencies. There is not a single camera system in a non k-9/traffic car. In todays society that is unacceptable. The agency could protect their deputies from false allegations with in car camera's, but there has been no attempt to address this problem.

Unregistered
    Thanks for the refreshing and enlightening information. Who knew about inflation or the tight money taxpayers? Sounds like you have it all figured out. There is an election coming up, maybe you should throw your hat in the ring?

Are you running as anonymous or as Captain Obvious?

Unregistered
    Some of our equipment issues or lack there of could be solved by grants. An example of this would be the stalker radars acquired by a grant. Not saying this is a fix to all our problems or that we even do or will qualify for most grants. However, I do know we aren't taking full advantage in this particular area.

Unregistered

Really?

Moat of the people working at SRSO could be given a brand new Tahoe equipped with a "Stalker" radar and you still would complain. The lack of raises, which should matter more than a car, is because of a lack of understanding by public officials. Our commissioners along with citizens fail to see our county as growing, but instead as the same county it has been for years. Unfortunately in this carrer you work at the mercy of people who have no idea what is done by Law Enforcement Officers. Once again a thread starts out with one subject and turns into a gripe fest about "equipment". Stay on task!

Dark Helmet

Fk off

You want to know what's sad? The douchebag responses. The 1st poster was "captain obvious?" Then the 2nd poster is "major asshole." You folks are nothing more than a bunch of backstabbing whining trailer park jackasses. Im so glad that I don't work with you sonsof*****es. Like Dark Helmet said we are surrounded by assholes.

God bless yall

touch me and i'll sue
    Any bets on if we get our raises this year? I'm guessing that we don't. I don't see Hall forcing the issue with the CC's. The major won't either, he is more concerned about getting elected. I see more of the same. I wonder if a class action lawsuit would work? Prior to changing the wording that step increases would be given if funding was available. It stated that we would get 5% the first 5 years and 2.5% every year after. The back pay would be a bunch more than just giving us what we are owed. I would be interested how many would sign up for a lawsuit. Things are not going to change until someone stands up and says enough is enough. I know that we can't keep doing what we are doing.

Unregistered
    Sadly getting a raise wont happen. Major J is a protege of Otis. Even more so he will get elected because Hall will support him. Hall has fooled the voters for years so he golden. They can go **** themselves.

Unregistered
    Nothing will ever change. #1 leaving is like a taking a big dump but no matter how much you wipe there's still doodoo around the asshole. What this place needs is a fkng colonic.

King Chocha
    Charming. I however tend to thing a bit more civilized. For example, after the sheriff has departed the office he has held there will be a lingering stench akin to after smell of a flatulent rotund man's odoriferous emanations after eating a very discusting and overindulgent helping of waffle house chili. An ever more and yet ridiculous amount of fabreeze and lysol will fail to yeild the proper results because the sheriff's aide de camp and court jester will carry his dominion, and o'dour, to the ends of the earth.

Amen

Unregistered

See the light

It will get better once Evers wins the election. Until then just be assured once you make captain you can get any sig15 you want before the low paid deputy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast